Platinum Arc Chapter 2 - Jubilife City

Comenzar desde el principio

One such child approached, amazed. "Whoa, mister, your costume looks so good. You even have a costume for your Zorua."

Looking at my worn-down uniform, I smiled. "Thanks; my mother made it for me when she learned I would join the Survey Corps." Kneeling down, I showed my sleeve, revealing the stitches of different materials. "This was made up from my father's old uniform; I wear it to follow in his footsteps."

"That's so cool." The little boy whispers in awe. 

Seeing him holding a camera, I smiled, letting Zorua run down my arm. "Do you want to take a picture with Mimi?"

"Can I!?"

"Sure thing." I laugh, letting him hold Zorua as I take the picture. "There you go, kiddo."

"Thank you very much, mister. I'm going to show everyone tomorrow at the trainer school."

I smiled; this became slightly deflated as I noticed a suspicious-looking person in the background hiding. "You do that; I won't hold you any longer. Enjoy the rest of the festival."

"You too, mister!"

Moving through the crowd, I had my eyes on the mysterious figure hiding behind a lamp post, seemly just watching everyone. Walking past, I gave the man a strange look. While everyone was in festival attire, this guy wore a long trench coat. "Umm, excuse me, what are you doing?"

The man pretended not to notice me; he kept glancing at me as I didn't budge. Eventually, he gave up running to the other lamp post. "I must ask you to be quiet; I don't want my cover blown."

"Cover? What are you talking about? You stick out like a sore thumb."

"There's no point in hiding it any longer. You did well to spot someone like me there. So let me ask you, young trainer, have you seen any suspicious individuals lately?"

"Yeah... I'm staring right at them."

Not phased by my joke, the man kept looking around before focusing on me. "I suppose there's no harm in telling you. I am with the international Police; my codename is Looker."

"International Police? That sounds like the most made-up thing I've ever heard."

"It is the truth; most recently, with the space-time distortions, there have been wider reports of Pokemon being stolen and criminal activity. Together with a set of trainers, we ended a similar scheme two years ago. If there are active again, I will be there to put an end to evil once and for all."

"Who are you talking about?" I muttered with a judgemental look, one which Zorua shared.

"I'm afraid I've already said too much; evil could strike at any moment; I must go. I'm sure we will meet again..."

"Volo."

"Very well, I shall see you around, Volo."

Looker ran off into the crowd leaving me somewhat speechless. "Like I was giving that weirdo my real name... International Police, wonder who they're after?"

Walking away, I paused, hearing shouting and a considerable commotion coming from a back alley. Zorua looked at me, determined, making me sigh. "Spoke too soon, huh? Let's check it out."

Weaving in and out of strange alleyways and small parks I would never have found; I soon saw what looked even stranger than that Looker—two strangers with matching futuristic suits and awful haircuts. Three trainers were cornering them.

"Did you seriously think we'd sit by while you were all up to your evil schemes again?!"

The other trainer had his Flareon out, ready to battle. "No more stolen Pokemon. It's over, team Galactic."

My eyes widened, hearing that my heart was racing. "Did they just say the Galaxy team?! Whatever is going on, I can't just stand by and let those trainers gang up on the innocent. Hey! Leave them alone!"

"Huh!? Damn, don't tell me they've got backup!?"

"Pick on someone your size, won't ya! Go, Tinkaton!"

Tinkaton burst out, slamming her hammer down, knocking out one of the three Pokemon, a Graveler."

Mimi jumped down, barking and growling at the other two. The last two trainers were so startled they stepped back, terrified. "What is that Pokemon?! He must be an admin; let's get out of here!"

The trainers all ran away as I let out a sigh of relief, calling Tinkaton back. "That could have gone so much worse."

The two Galaxy members stared blankly at me, dazed about what happened. "Did you just save us? Umm... Why?"

"I couldn't stand by and let a fellow squad member be ganged up on," I inform, saluting. "Galaxy Team, Survey Corps Member Y/N L/N reporting for duty!"

They both looked at each other, still confused. "He's with us?"

"I wasn't told about a new recruit... He hasn't got the uniform right whatsoever either."

Meeting with my fellow members, I was giddy and smiling. "I can't believe Professor Rowan didn't think to mention you guys were still around. This is amazing! I'm unsure about the updated uniform, but it stands out. So what exactly does the Galaxy Team do these days?"

"You don't think he's getting confused with someone else, do you?" One grunt whispered, dumbfounded.

"Who cares? This guy is crazy strong. I betcha Leader Mars sent him; just play along." The other replied. "It's good to have you on board, fellow grunt; we're always looking for fresh blood."

"You don't understand how exciting this is for me. Oh, this is my partner Mimi. I'm Y/N!"

"Yeah, you already said that."

"I did? Sorry, I'm just blown away that something from my home is still around, sorry! What's your name?"

"Our names? I'm Grunt."

"Hang on; I thought I was Grunt?"

"You dolt, you think the higher-ups care about names. We're both just called Grunt."

"Oh, right."

"Say, can I ask? How come those trainers were ganging up on you?"

Grunt 1 flinched, stuttering. "Oh, them? Well, ugh, you see. They don't like our work, we strive to make a new, better world, and those lots are jealous. We run into many road bumps like those."

"Huh? Yeah, that makes sense. But, of course, we also got a lot of backlash for working with Pokemon; times haven't changed that much. Well, I'm glad you're all safe and sound, regardless."

Grunt 2 smiled, laughing nervously. "Yeah... Thank Arceus, I think it's best to report to the boss what happened... Do you want to come with us?"

"Of course! I'd love to see what you've done with the team since I've been gone."

"Great. Just Great!" Grunt 1 said, turning around. "Are you sure about this?"

"No! But what choice do we have? If we play along long enough, we might be able to steal his Pokemon."

"Steal his Pokemon? Are you out of your mind!? Some super mega ultra-powerful champion trainer just appears out of nowhere wanting to join us, and you want to rob him?"

"When you put it that way now, I just sound stupid." Grunt 2 says deflated. "The boss will know what to do with him."

"What are you guys whispering about?" I echo, leaning in.

"No- nothing! We were saying how we'll take you to the boss and put in a good word over what you did." Grunt 1 informed, clearing his throat. "If you want to?"

"Hell yeah! I wonder if the boss is as cool-headed and stern as Kamado. But, boy, oh boy, I'm so excited. Galaxy Team!"

"We actually rebranded a little while back, ran into a copyright case... So we go by Team Galactic now. The boss will explain everything; I don't want to keep her waiting."

"You hear that, Mimi? We're in business. I'll just send a message to Dawn telling her something came up. A full-fletched Team Galactic member, now it feels like we're home. What more could you ask for?"