Platinum Arc Chapter 1 - Home Sweet Home

Começar do início

"Pretty well, surprisingly, I was half expecting not getting any at all, considering we were arriving this morning."

"That's understandable. We've been travelling for nearly a week now, it's a real shame we couldn't take a plane, but with the time distortions, all air travel has been halted."

I leaned forward against the railings looking at the Sinnoh region frowning. "I was kind of hoping I'd recognise it slightly?"

"We are docking from Sunnyshore City, it's the opposite side to Jubilife City, so I wouldn't be surprised if nothing came back to you yet." Professor Rowan informed meeting with us. "I'm sure most of Sinnoh will be unrecognisable to you, unfortunately. A lot has changed in 300 years."

Seeing the small city in the distance, I nodded, feeling silly for not realising that sooner. "Yeah, of course."

"Oh, but no need to worry!" Dawn shouted. "You'll fit right at home with the Hisui festival taking place right now!"

"Hisui festival?" I questioned, curious. "What's that about?"

"Every five years, we celebrate our routes and dedicate a month to our ancestors. We decorate the towns to fit the time, people dress up in Kimonos, and stalls are set up with food and games for the children. I even heard they've created a scale recreation of Jubilife Village for this year's event!" Dawn explained, sounding more excited with each word. "Although most of the events occur in Jubilife City, everywhere around the region does their part to join in on the celebrations."

"I couldn't have chosen a better time to visit then; hey, Mimi?" Zorua began wagging her tail, clearly ecstatic over the festival. "Oh, but will there be time to sightsee with the space-time distortions?"

"Do not fret, Y/N; I won't be working you sensually; besides, my lab is in Sandgem Town, we will have to pass through Jubilife City on the way, and until any occurrence happens, you are free to explore to your heart's content."

"Oh, sweet! Well, what are we waiting for?! I want to see it all."

The boat soon docked, and we were all escorted off and into town. Getting my first step back home was unreal. I instantly took out my scrapbook, turning to the map of Hisui I sketched out comparing. "If we came from the east of Sinnoh, this would have been the Cobalt Coastlands... Wow, I could have never guessed."

Professor Rowan took notice, inspecting my map. "That is quite an interesting map you got there. Do you mind if I take a look?"

"Sure, as a scout for the Survey Corps, I take pride in mapping out the locations in Hisui."

"Remarkable; you must let me scan these maps when we arrive at my lab. Such a detailed recording is priceless compared to what little information we have today."

"Of course, I have no problem sharing knowledge of Hisui. Can I ask, apart from being a dock, what else has Sunnyshore City got?"

"Well, there's the market where you can find items only sold in the heart of Sunnyshore; there's the gym. The leader, Volkner, would be quite a threat if you were to challenge his electric Pokemon. And just north of here is the Pokemon League, where trainers look to become legend. So are you going to take on the gyms while you stay? It shouldn't be difficult for a Champion Trainer like yourself."

"A Champion, did you say?" I turned around as a woman with long blonde hair approached. At that moment, I felt my heart race, something about her was...

Horrifying.

"Well, isn't this a surprise? What brings you to Sunnyshore City, Cynthia?"

Cynthia smiled, meeting the question. "Professor Rowan, it's good to see you again. I was looking to pick up some Yache berries while they were in stock. I heard you had just travelled from the Paldea region; is that correct?"