Black & White Part 1 Chapter 9 - The Madness of Gretal Harmonia

Start from the beginning

Zorua didn't hesitate to jump back in. I sat down, sighing. "What the hell was that all about? Hideaway in there for five months and then decide to play hide-and-seek? What gives?" I heard rustling from the trees. I sat up, waving my Pokeball. It's all good; I've got her."

The sound got louder, and as no response came, I raised my eyebrow. About to get up, I froze when a Pokemon appeared from the trees, staring right at me. It had such a powerful aura, one of nobility and Justice. It didn't take me long to recognise it from the many hours I spent studying all the Pokemon.

It was the Legendary Pokemon Cobalion. As an enemy of Kyurem, it made sense why it was keeping patrol in this area, but the thought threw me off. It continued to stare at Zorua and me before I heard it speak in my mind.

"No. You are not the one."

"Y/N! Did you find the Zorua?" Nemona shouted.

I looked towards the voice shouting. "Not so fast! Careful!"

Nemona ran out, coming face to face with Cobalion, who was just as shocked. "Whoa! What sort of Pokemon is this!?"

"No sudden movements; it's one of the swords of Justice; it won't harm you if you aren't of evil mind. Still, be careful." I ordered, watching Nemona walk around Cobalion, who was watching her with an adapt stare. "Easy does it."

Again, I heard Cobalion's voice echo in my mind, staring at Nemona. "No. She is not the one."

Was it looking for someone in particular? I slowly stood up, a Pokeball at ready in case anything got messy. Eventually, Cobalion lost interest in us and prepared to move on. However, Gretel's voice caught its attention, pivoting its focus.

"Are you out there? Where are you, Y/N?"

Cobalion's entire attitude changed as he took a stance. I heard its voice again, making me cringe. "She is the one. The one to destroy Unova."

Cobalion ran towards Gretel, making my heart skip a beat as I gave chase. "It's after Gretel!"

"What?! How do you know? I thought you said Cobalion only seeks Justice against evil!"

"I know what I said; I heard it!" I shout, jumping between the bushes and seeing Gretel in the distance being ambushed by the legendary beast. Feeling completely forced, I toss my Pokeball, shouting, "Darkrai, stop it!"

Darkrai materialised before me, its shadowy form swirling with ominous energy. With a determined nod, Darkrai understood the urgency of the situation.

"Cobalion, cease your attack!" I commanded, hoping to reason with the legendary Pokémon. But Cobalion was too enraged to listen, its eyes fixed solely on Gretel.

Darkrai lunged forward, attempting to slow down Cobalion with its hypnotic abilities. Dark voids emerged around Cobalion, trying to trap it and lull it into a deep slumber. However, Cobalion's legendary strength and willpower proved formidable, and it shook off Darkrai's attempts to pacify it.

Making it to Gretel, I slid in front of her, ready to battle. "Get out of here! I'll hold it off for as long as possible!"

"Y/N... I'm sorry." She whispered. I nodded, throwing her my bag.

"It will be alright, I trust you. Go!"

As Gretel scrambled to safety, I knew I had to act fast. With a heavy heart, I decided to subdue Cobalion to protect my friend and prevent further harm. Darkrai and I launched into battle, dodging Cobalion's powerful strikes and countering with strategic manoeuvres of our own.

The woods echoed with the sounds of our clash, leaves rustling and branches snapping under the force of our attacks. Cobalion fought valiantly; its determination was matched only by our resolve.