Z-A Arc Chapter 10 - Down With the BB Champion

Start from the beginning

"If that's how it's going to be." I held a Pokeball by my side, shouting. "I challenge you to a Pokemon Battle!"

Kieran fell silent, turning back to me cautiously. "Why the hell would I accept that?"

"If you're so strong that it shouldn't be a problem, then should it?"

This only got a laugh from Kieran as he stepped up, holding his own Pokeball. "Fine."

"Y/N, what's the big idea?! We don't have time for this." Carmine shouted. "Will you two calm down?"

"Carmine is right; this isn't like you, Y/N," Nemona whispered.

I shook my head with a firm smile. "I know... But I need to do this; I can't let Kieran go down the same path as me... The rules are simple: kid, you win, I let you go. You can risk it all to stop Team Flare. But if I win, I go with you."

"Ha, what sort of terms are they? Not like I'm going to lose, fine."

Holding two Pokeballs on either side, I took a deep breath. "Then let's do this."

You Challenge BB Champion Kieran to a Battle.

"Alright, Luxray, Tinkaton, let's show them what we're made of!" I exclaimed, my voice echoing with determination. Luxray's fur bristled with electricity, Tinkaton hovered eagerly by my side, and I could feel the anticipation building within me.

Kieran smirked confidently as he sent out his Pokémon: a Dragonite and an Incineroar. Each one exuded power and strength, and I couldn't help but feel a pang of doubt creeping in. But this wasn't the time or place for that. Regardless of how I felt, this was one battle I couldn't lose!

Kieran looked down at me, pointing at me and shouting. "I know I'm making the right choice... You'll understand that soon enough!"

I pushed the doubt aside. We were a team, and we were ready to face any challenge. Our attack was already lowered thanks to Incineroar's intimidate ability. I'll need to mix up our strategy to win.

"Let's start strong, Luxray! Use Thunderbolt on Dragonite! Tinkaton hit Incineroar with Steel beam!" I commanded, my voice unwavering despite the nerves gnawing at me.

Luxray unleashed a crackling bolt of lightning, aimed straight at Dragonite, while Tinkaton constructed a heavy blast of iron prowess and hurled it towards Incineroar.

I watched Kieran's Pokémon effortlessly evade our attacks. Dragonite soared gracefully out of the way of Luxray's Thunderbolt while Incineroar deftly dodged Tinkaton's Steel Beam.

Before I could react, Incineraor rushed ahead, launching a flare blitz at us. Luxray and Tinkaton tried to dodge, but the relentless assault was too much. Managing to hit both Pokemon at once, they were knocked back, their strength waning with each hit.

I gritted my teeth, refusing to give up despite the odds stacked against us. But Kieran's Pokémon were simply too powerful, too skilled.

As Dragonite unleashed a devastating Dragon Claw and Incineroar followed up with a searing Flamethrower, I could feel the battle slipping away from us. Despite our best efforts, we were no match for Kieran's overwhelming power.

With a heavy heart, I recalled Tinkaton having taken too much damage. "You gave it your all, thank you."

"This is what the Champion of Paldea and Alola has to offer? Pathetic. See how hard I've trained? Not like the kid Nemona battled in Kitakami, huh?!"

"Mawile, back up Luxray!"

Mawile burst into battle more determined than ever. I knew I could count on her. "Luxray, use Thunderbolt on Dragonite again!" Mawile looked at me as I nodded, putting everything on the line. "You know what time it is, girl! Mega Evolve and strike true with a Play Rough against Incineroar."