Z-A Arc Chapter 7 - A Mega Outcome

Start from the beginning

Walking away, he paused, glancing at me. "Zinnia, if I recall that was the name of the girl who help destroy Team Phoenix, I'll be sure to thank you for you, next time I see her."

Now, left alone, I kept trying to escape, each attempt being for nothing. The flutter Mane kept repeating the same one word.

"Escape."

Looking around the room, I grumbled. "I'd sure like some better advice than that little miss."

When all hope seemed lost, a sudden Pokemon, a Floette, appeared floating in front of me. I had never seen a Floette with this kind of colour pattern; something about her just radiated hardship.

The Floette looked at me, gripping her flower tightly.

"We. Are. Same."

I could hear her talking, but it was like a constant signal was blocking our connection. I could only make out single words.

"Lost. To. Time."

Suddenly, the Floette shattered my restraints, and I fell to the floor in immense pain. It took me some willpower to even stand, holding onto the wall for support. I wasn't sure how long I was out for, but it didn't take a genius to figure out how weak I was. I needed to get out of here."

Limping away, I stopped at Flutter Mane's cage, trying to figure out how to break it open. I kept pulling at the bars, far too weak to do anything. I needed to hurry; Zephyr would be back any moment.

"Escape."

I stopped hearing Flutter Mane's cries. They weren't for it but for me. Stepping back, I gripped my fist, nodding. "I'll come back and save everyone else."

Fleeing with my tail between my legs, I made it to a long, destroyed corridor; the lights were all but working, with the only one flickering dimly. Floette began to guide me as I heard the rumblings of others in the area.

Having stopped me, Floette turned to me, holding something shiny in her hands. It was a Mega Stone. "Stop. Zygarde. Save. King."

Floette began hovering away; I tried reaching her, only for a handful of Team Flare members to spot her. Quickly ducking back, they were all left confused. "Where the hell did this Pokemon come from?"

"It doesn't look like a Paradox Pokemon; it's just a normal Floette, right? A shiny perhaps?"

Floette held its flower forward, unleashing a tremendous light of ruin blasting through the base, sending everything into lockdown, alarms going wild.

That was definitely not a normal Floette. I didn't have time to brainstorm ideas; the whole base would be on me in moments. I needed to escape; I wasn't quite sure how this Mega Stone would help. I don't have a Pokemon.

Sneaking through the base, there was only so much I could do in my condition, and I was forced to take many breaks to catch my breath. I already felt a fever coming up, panting I kept trying to take long deep breaths. "You're almost there, Y/N, just a little further."

I felt the building continue to shake, more footsteps approaching at every turn. Starting to pick up the pace I was suddnely forced to a halt as the door in front of me, blocked off, was beginning to spark. Something was breaking through. Stepping back, anything could be out there. A platoon of Flare members, A Paradox Pokemon, Zephyr. Whatever it was, I was most certainly doomed.

The door was ripped apart; expecting the worst, I covered my face only to be met with something entirely different.

Mawile. It was my Mawile.

I felt an unbelievable amount of relief sweep over me as I crouched down, watching her act in shock, running over. "Mawile, what are you doing here?"

Mawile hugged me, to which I returned with a smile. "It's good to see you too, girl; how did you find me? No, that isn't important; now you're here, we can escape."