Z-A Arc Chapter 7 - A Mega Outcome

Start from the beginning

As the smoke cleared, I saw Electabuzz struggling to get back up, its strength waning. I knew we had been defeated. Lowering my head, I frowned, recalling my hurt Pokemon. Clenching the Pokeball, I whispered. "I'm so sorry Electabuzz."

"You're getting better, Y/N; I can see it; keep at it, and I know you'll overtake me."

"You don't have to lie, Dad," I whisper, looking away. "I'm never going to be good at battling. All I'm good at is getting my friends hurt..."

Dad kneeled before me, placing a hand on my shoulder and smiling. "A Pokemon battle is simply a talk of will. You may have the most powerful Pokemon with all the right moves and abilities, but if you do not have confidence in yourself, none of that matters."

"That's easy for you to say. You can speak to Pokemon. That's cheating."

Dad chuckled, standing back up and nodding along. "I suppose if looking at it that way, it might be. Give it time, and trust me, you'll hear the voices of your partners driving you forward."

"D! Cyllene needs you for a mission." A Survey Corps member shouted.

Turning around, Dad sighed. "Duty calls, huh?"

"Here."

Handing back his Pokemon, Dad ruffed up my hair. "When we get back, we'll give it another go battling, alright?"

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Little did I know at the time this would be the last time I ever saw him; he would never come home.

****

"Wakey, wakey," Zephyr whispered as I shot away tears flowing down my face. "Aww, did we have a bad dream?"

I tried moving only to discover I was hung up on the wall wrapped in chains. I looked around, finding myself in an old abandoned lab lost to time. "What the hell? Where am I?"

"This was the remnant of where Lysandre attempted to change the world, the former base of Team Flare. We haven't had time to spoose the place up as of yet, nor have we located Lysandre's body. Not that I'm particularly looking for it, either. It's only a matter of time before we get the Ultimate Weapon up and running, and it's all thanks to you."

"M-Me?"

Zephyr stepped aside as I flinched; I saw dozens of Paradox Pokemon being locked up and taken away. "They haven't stopped appearing since we've arrived. They're glued to you like a moth to the flame. Whether it's to save or hurt you is of no matter to me."

Zephyr stepped away as I stared at the Flutter Mane locked up. None of this was adding up.

"Escape." I glanced around, confused; where did that come from? I paused, looking at Flutter Mane losing the plot. "Escape."

"Did you just talk? No, it's like I can hear you... Escape, how?"

"How what?" Zephyr said, coming back in with a tablet in hand. He didn't hear Flutter Mane; was it just me? "I'm getting some interesting readings, nothing on Pokemon Fusion, but I'm sure Giovanni will be pleased with the data nonetheless."

"So that's who you're working for? Colour me impressed."

"You know, you don't sound very impressed." He pointed out with a judgemental stare. "Working under Rainbow Rocket has its... Perks, it allows me to pursue my lifelong dream without the likes of you brats getting in the way."

"For now, that's until he grows bored of you."

Zephyr flicked through several screens, smiling to himself. "It appears more Paradoxes are here to meet their king; how fitting. I'll roll out the red carpet for them."