Z-A Arc Chapter 3 - Blueberry Academy

Beginne am Anfang

"I've seen many Pokemon battles since arriving here, but... Why does this one feel so personal?"

"Thought you'd come running back sooner or later." Carmine pointed out, standing next to me, watching the battle, looking deflated. "There goes Kiki again, trying to prove a point. He's been like this for over a month now."

Seeing Kieran's tryhard nature made me reflect on Galar; I was like that when Giovanni brainwashed me. The urge to win took over everything else; I had everything to prove. "What happened?"

"You're looking at her." She responded with a sigh. "Nemona, that girl, I swear to Arcues. She visits our region for a school trip and not only shows us all up but becomes the hero of Kitakami; it broke Kieran."

"Yup. Sounds like Nemona."

The attacks collided in a spectacular display of power, shaking the stadium with their force. Dragonite roared as it took the full brunt of the thunderbolt, while Porygon-Z staggered from the impact of the Rock Slide. However, Pawmot grunted in pain as the Tri Attack connected, and Lycanroc was left reeling from the Thunder Punch.

As the dust settled, both sides assessed the damage. Dragonite and Porygon-Z looked worn down, but Pawmot and Lycanroc weren't much better.

"It's not over yet! Quaquaval, Ogerpon, let's join the fray!" Nemona declared, sending out her final pair of Pokémon.

I sat up at one particular Pokemon wearing a stone mask; I had never seen one like that before. "Nemona never showed that one before."

"Ogerpon?" Carmine whispered, arms crossed. "Of course, she'd send out the Ogre."

"Ogerpon?" I respond, looking back, seeing Kieran losing his mind and screaming. "you've got some nerve... Bringing out the ogre NOW of all times?! Incineroar, Hydrapple, let's finish this!"

Nemona and Kieran exchanged determined glances, both trainers knowing victory hung in the balance.

"Quaquaval hit Incineroar with a Hydro Pump! Ogerpon, use Stomping Tantrum to shake up Hydrapple!" Nemona commanded.

"Incineroar, counter with a Flare Blitz on Quaquaval! Hydrapple, unleash a Leaf Storm on Ogerpon!" Kieran retaliated.

The battlefield erupted once more as the Pokémon launched their final assaults. Quaquaval blasted a powerful Hydro Pump at Incineroar, while Ogerpon caused the ground to tremble with a devastating Stomping Tantrum aimed at Hydrapple. Incineroar charged forward with Flare Blitz, its fiery mane ablaze, targeting Quaquaval. Hydrapple conjured a fierce Leaf Storm, a swirling vortex of leaves and energy directed at Ogerpon.

The attacks collided in a dazzling display of elemental power, shaking the stadium to its core. Quaquaval and Ogerpon struggled against the onslaught, while Incineroar and Hydrapple took heavy hits in return.

As the dust settled, both sides looked on with bated breath, waiting to see the outcome of their intense battle. The Pokémon stood on the field, panting and exhausted from their efforts.

In the end, neither side emerged victorious. Despite their best efforts, Nemona and Kieran had fought to a draw. Their Pokémon matched in skill and determination equally.

Nemona was looking far more excited over the outcome already celebrating. "Wow, that was an amazing battle! You've gotten so much stronger, Kieran! We have to battle again."

On the other hand, Kieran snarled at the enthusiasm, walking towards us. We made brief eye contact, forcing him to stop glaring at me. "What are you looking at?"

"That was a good battle Kiki... This is Y/N, he's a friend of Nemona."

Now paying more attention, Kieran looked directly at me, hands in his pocket. "Another one, I would ask if you're strong, but just looking at that Zorua, I can tell you're weak."