Z-A Arc Chapter 1 - A Trainer No More

Start from the beginning

I remained silent.

"A powerful one?"

"No..."

This got another smirk as she turned her attention back to me. "You can't fool me with white lies, too, typical nonscene. Very well, you'll make the perfect test subject; you would have been wise to walk away; now, you'll face the full might of Neo Team Flare."

"No, I, we, I don't. Please."

Holding a Masterball by her side, I felt my world come crashing down, becoming accustomed to the kind of Pokemon held there. What is was capable of taking. "Behold the power of nature."

Neo Team Flare Leader ??? Demands a battle.

I froze on the spot, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't react. I felt the walls closing in panic, eating away at me. I watched as the boss sent in a strange-looking black and green dog; it looked like something out of one of Zinnia's science fiction movies, matched with what looked to be a scarf. Expecting a full-force attack, the woman chose to stand her ground, not giving any commands. I wanted to run, turn, and flee, but Zorua had different ideas, jumping from my arms and looking to protect me. "Mimi, no!"

The wind blew me back as I heard a muffled echo carried by the breeze. "I will protect you."

Who said that?

Zorua acted without orders, readying a powerful Shadow Ball. Unleashing our typical destructive attack, the area was blown away, but the dog Pokemon took no damage. Biting my lip, I whispered to myself. "It didn't do anything... We can't win; we're going to lose."

Changing moves, Zorua jumped between the tree lines, unleashing three powerful dark pulses. Again, there was no damage. Something wasn't right here. I couldn't think straight.

A Pokemon immune to ghost and dark-type moves was new and impossible. I can't do anything, I can't win. "Mimi, please stop."

Still refusing to listen, Zorua howled with might blasting through with a burning Jealousy.

The dog was scorched in a burning flame, burning part of the area around us. We may have gone too far in some regards as the attack had also burrowed out, hitting the woman. Flinching, I watched the impossible. There wasn't a scratch on either of them. Our attacks hit. I knew it, yet it did nothing. Even the woman was unharmed.

"Well done, Zygarde, it is as expected. Our might is untouchable. You're nothing but a mere child. I'll remember this, just as I remember the children who ruined Lysandre's plan; unlike then, no one can stop me from reconstructing Team Flare's plan for my gain. My name is Anastasia. Remember it, as it will be the one trainer you'll never beat, child."

At that moment, I couldn't take it anymore. I refused to see Zorua follow... Scooping her up, I began to run away, not looking back, my heart racing. I couldn't win. We lost; we always lost.

Recalling her Pokemon, she shook her head, seemingly impressed. Typical nonscene, running away when he can't get his way. What a child."

In such a state, my body refused to listen to me as I fell over, hitting the ground, tears forming. My breathing was all over the place as I looked back. "Zygarde... Is it an invincible Pokemon? We didn't do a thing to it. Are we that weak?"

Standing up, I saw a handful of firefighters making it onto the scene; stepping out of sight, I decided it was best to get out of the way. I don't need to be falsely accused of another crime so soon into my journey. On my way back, I couldn't help but get that woman and her Pokemon off my mind. Zygarde... What are you?

****

"What the hell, Y/N?! When I said it was too hard to choose, I didn't mean to throw away the idea of choice!" She snapped only to fall silent, seeing my state. "Hey, Y/N, Y/N!"

I watched her in a frenzy, still holding Zorua as my life depended on it. "Look at me, deep breaths. Easy, easy. Deep breaths."

Eventually calming down I stuttered over my words trying to coming to grips with what happened. "S-Sorry Zinnia... I didn't mean to. It was just a massive explosion that went off, and Mimi ran into the woods. I thought I was going to lose her, so I. We. I encountered a dodgy trainer with an invincible Pokemon."

"Invincible Pokemon? Like it couldn't faint type Pokemon?" Nodding to this, Zinnia shook her head, sighing. "I know I said to use your imagination, but this is taking it to a whole new level."

"You don't believe me?"

"Do you? There's no such thing as an invincible Pokemon. Mythical Pokemon from another dimension and legendary shadow Pokemon; I... Sorry you're still grieving, Y/N; your confidence took a hit. You'll think every Pokemon you come across is unstoppable. You'll get your fighting spirit back."

"No, I won't, it's just... Forget it; I don't even know myself." I shrug off, burying my face in Zorua's mane and taking deep breaths. " I don't think it should be long before we reach Paldea, just a couple days' walk; or we can get a bus? The sooner I get home..."

"Yeah, about that..."

"Oye?! Is that who I think it is!?" I froze up hearing that overenthusiastic shout getting everyone's attention. Slowing and turning around, I was jumped by Nemona, who looked over the moon at my appearance. "I spy with my little eye the best rival in the world! Y/N! Buenas, I didn't expect to find you here!"

I remained speechless; I couldn't even get any words out as I burst into tears, hugging my old friend. Nemona was so taken aback by this that she didn't know what to do, unable to hug me back. "Whoa, easy, what's wrong? Y/N, talk to me."

"You're a friend of his?" Zinnia whispered with a concerned look.

"Not just any friend, I'm his rival; we travelled all across Paldea challenging gyms and not to brag, we sorta saved the world from time travelling Pokemon and an evil AI professor."

"Oh, no way. Y/N and I travelled together, too, and we saved the world. It's not time-travelling Pokemon, though; it's more on the line of Pokemon from another world. Three times, actually."

"T-Three times!? I've been replaced."

Wiping my face, I kept batting my eyes between the two girls, clearing my throat. "Please, can we not fight?"

"Right... Sorry Y/N." Zinnia whispered. "Any friend of Y/N is a friend of mine."

Nemona sighed, nodding along. "Yeah, I suppose that's true. Hey, I haven't seen you so down before. I know you can sulk about not getting home, but this takes it to a different level."

Clapping her hands together, Nemona began smiling, reaching for her belt. "You know what always cheers me up when I'm feeling down, a good old Pokemon battle! You must have gotten stronger, right!? Of course, you have; come on, let's have a battle."

Slowly looking up at Nemona's Pokeball I stepped back, my breathing becoming non-existent, A horrid ringing noise kept rampaging through my ears bleeding out all sounds as I fell over trembling.

"W-What did I do wrong? I just wanted a Pokemon battle..."

Zinnia kneeled beside me, clicking her fingers and getting my attention. "Y/N, hey, Y/N! Remember what Nurse Joy taught you, in through your nose, out through your mouth."

Taking the breathing exercises seriously, I began calming down the growing feeling of being sick, which was still there. "I'm ok... I'm good. Sorry, Nemona, it. It wasn't your fault."

"Hey, you've got me worried now; what happened? We last spoke only a month ago; you seemed as bright as day taking on THE Galar Gym Challenge; what happened?"

"You mean, you don't know?" Zinnia questioned, eyebrow raised. "It's been all over the news."

Nemona held her hand up, looking ashamed. "I sorta left my phone at home; I had no access to the internet for weeks! I was so gutted to miss your matches. Wait, don't tell me you're so down because you lost to Leon?"

"I think you better sit down for this one, Nemona."

To be Continued

To be the Very Best (Pokémon X Male Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara