Sun and Moon Arc Final Chapter - The Boy and His Zorua

Start from the beginning

Stumbling forward I got my bearing now in the heart of New Driftveil City behind the Team Rainbow Rocket Admin. "Haven't you gone far enough with this?"

Y/N glanced at me gripping his device tightly and fuming. "The way I see it, I've come too far to just throw it away. It always comes down to this, when backed into a corner I rely on my one true partner. My best friend. Mimi, come forth!"

His Paradox Zorua appeared from thin air standing before us giggling glitching skulls fizzling from their digital form. Each virus looks more dangerous than the last. Looking to my trusted ally I nodded too as Zorua jumped into battle. "Mimi and I aren't about to quit now."

Rain began to hammer down on us as the tension began to rise. The neon lights burned into my vision, and people surrounded us watching the fight. The first move was crucial, and my Zorua wasted no time. With a burst of speed, it vanished into the shadows, leaving behind an illusion that mirrored its form. Iron Illusion, however, was no stranger to deception. It mirrored the illusion, creating a perplexing dance of duplicates.

"Mimi, let's play mind games!" I shouted, my strategy unfolding. I commanded my Zorua to switch places with its illusion, confounding the opponent. Y/N, however, was quick to adapt, predicting the manoeuvre with a smirk.

As the two Zorua, past and future, circled each other in a neon-lit dance, the battle escalated. Dark Pulses and Shadow Balls collided, creating bursts of energy that illuminated the futuristic cityscape. The Pokémon moved with incredible speed and agility, the neon lights reflecting off their fur as they darted between skyscrapers and leapt from rooftop to rooftop.

The clash intensified, both Pokémon pushing their limits. It became a battle of wits and reflexes, each illusionary strike met with a swift counter. The neon lights pulsed in time with the ebb and flow of the battle, casting a dazzling display of colours across the night sky.

The city below us hummed with life, oblivious to the fierce struggle taking place above. The fate of this metropolis hung in the balance, and every move mattered. As the final showdown approached, I could feel the exhaustion setting in, but determination burned brighter than ever.

In a last, desperate manoeuvre, I commanded my Zorua to unleash its ultimate illusion. A dazzling display of light and shadow enveloped the battlefield, blurring the lines between reality and deception. Iron Illusion hesitated, momentarily unsure of its surroundings.

Seizing the opportunity, I shouted, "Now, Mimi! Finish it with Night Daze!" The attack pierced through the confusion, engulfing Iron Illusion in a torrent of darkness. The city's neon lights reflected off the fading silhouette of defeated Pokémon. 

Y/N's eyes widened, and he began to fumble with his device trying to call another ally only to freeze seeing Iron Illiuson trying to get up and continue fighting. "N-No. Stop, Mimi, you don't have to fight anymore. I beg of you."

Standing on its feet the illusion it had held up faded to show a real Pokémon, not a Paradox Pokémon from the future. It looked like a normal Zorua from the present. The dark type from Unova. Y/N's Pokeball fell from his hands rolling next to Zorua as he ran over scooping her up in his arms. "Mimi."

Still weary of this being a trick Zorua jumped on my shoulder as we approached the partner Roaring Moon at hand in case of any funny business. "Your Iron Illusion was real the whole time? I thought you only had Paradox Pokémon."

Y/N lowered his head nodding slightly. "She is, she was the Pokémon my father gave me before he... When the world's Pokémon number went almost instinct I was scared. Scared Mimi would be a target for poachers. She's one of the last remaining Pokémon left. I couldn't lose her, so I made her pretend to be a Paradox Pokémon. This was all I ever wanted, was to have the world back like it used to be. I wanted to be a Pokémon Master. Now, I'm just a monster."