Sun and Moon Arc Chapter 11 - Rise of Rainbow Rocket

Start from the beginning

Heading back to the main entrance I paused seeing Mawile jump up getting my attention shouting and pointing with her jaw towards the back of the station. "I think Tinkaton and Mawile found survivors."

Running up the stairs we burst through and find Looker and Anabel locked up in the main holding cell. "Agent Hisui! Perfect timing, get us out of here."

"Mawile," I responded as she ripped through the bars. "What happened?"

Looker patted himself down annoyed. "We were on our way to back you and Agent Lorekeeper when suddenly a wormhole opened above the station and we were taken by surprise by Team Rocket. We fought back as best we could but in the end, there were just too many of them."

Anabel adjusted her suit meeting with me also looking exhausted. "The other you came through not long after and stole my Latios, I can only provide my dearest apologies for the mix-up. I was too careless to wrap up a case and then accept hard facts."

"You couldn't have known. But I'm even more concerned now, why is the other me stealing Pokemon? His Paradox Goodra was more than enough to keep me on my toes. Even if he abandoned the mon so quickly. What has he got planned?"

"The copycat isn't our priority as of this moment. The Ultra Wormholes are not closing and are only appearing more and more all over Alola, if allowed to continue operation who knows how many more of Team Rainbow Rocket's forces could come through?" Looker insisted. "Our first line of action shout be shattering the link and closing them all."

"But how do we do such a task? Time is of the essence." Anabel whispered.

I pondered but decided to throw my hat in the ring. "Lillie, your partner, Lunala was it?"

"Nebby... I was such an idiot to let her slip into the enemy's hands."

"I understand," I respond. "The other me mentioned it could travel through Ultra Space, open up Wormholes. Was he right?"

Lillie nodded. "In theory yes. We could never get a stable Wormhole to open, any attempt would cause a mass blackout and the wormhole to pull anyone in."

"Y/N. He's going for Necrozma, combining the power of the two legendary Pokemon might be enough to make the trip home. If we were able to get a hold of Nebby again could they open one more wormhole, a wormhole powerful enough to pull everyone back in?"

"That idea is insane! You'd endanger the lives of countless civilians and Pokemon, how does that make it any better?"

Lillie held her chin worried before looking at me. "Do you still have the Ultra Wormhole detector at hand?"

Taking it out I nodded. "I wasn't going to let something like this out of my sight."

Lillie took the device pointing it to me the scanner reacting. "This device was commissioned and approved by my mother. It was meant to not only detect incoming wormholes but also highlight Ultra Space energy on people who had travelled over. If I could reverse the scan and relay it with Nebby, it could create a Wormhole pulling only people who travelled through Ultra Space."

"Like everyone from Team Rainbow Rocket!" Looker shouted. "Could that really work?"

Lillie kept scanning me before putting it against her. "The only problem is we've both travelled through Ultra Space. We'd be pulled in alongside them."

"Nothing can ever go to plan, can it? Any other ideas? No... Then I suppose what choice do we have? We're out of time Lillie."

Lillie gave a very faint nod of acknowledgement changing the settings on the detector. Handing it back to me. "It's ready. We just have to calibrate it to Nebby and it should work."

"Why can't we just shoot it at the wormhole above us?" Anabel suggested.

Shaking her head Lillie put the potions I gave her away in her bag. "Those wormholes are foreign to us, made by Team Rainbow Rocket. It would take too long to calibrate."

"Lillie, you should go. Find your brother, get as far away from here as possible." I requested, putting the wormhole detector in my bag. "I'll stay."

"You can't, you'll be pulled in Y/N. One of us should do it. You get to safety."

"If only it was that simple. Your team was stolen Anabel, Looker. I have to get Lunala and the others back from Y/N first. He's too strong, I'm not even sure if I can beat him. But it can only be me who tries. I have to stop me." I pause smiling at Zorua. "Whatever happens after, I'd rather not think about it."

"Are you sure Y/N?" Looker asked.

"Yeah, I made up my mind. Lillie, if you find Zinnia if you happen to... Could you tell her, tell her for me... I-I, well. She."

"Hey," Lillie whispered stopping me. "I get it, I'll be sure to pass it along."

Smiling to myself I nodded. "Thanks."

"So, how are we going to find the other you? He wouldn't be stupid enough to come here right?"

"No, he betrayed Giovanni, he's on the run. I really do-." I paused feeling that painful headache coming along, my body glowing as I stepped back horrified. "No, not now. Not now!"

"Y/N!"

My body was torn from its spot as I stumbled forward falling to my knees back in New Driftveil City. At least on the outskirts this time. I had winded up in an old ruin. The night sky and neon lights bleeding in from the caved-in ceiling. Old markings showed a Pokemon I wasn't too familiar with, a fire-looking moth. Coughing I gripped my head furious. "Now of all times, damn it!"

"What do you think of my paradise? My empire of dirt, this used to be referred to as Relic Castle, nowadays, who cares."

My eyes widened as I looked up finding the other Y/N sitting on a destroyed throne. Slouched against it smugly. "You, that's not possible. How can you already be home?"

"Home? Home, I could return here as soon as I'd like. Giovanni gave me that choice right away." The other Y/N cackled smacking his knee. "But this is not my home. Not anymore."

"I saw what happened to this place, how the people treat you. I'm sorry it had to be this way but you're back. You can stop, just please hand me Lunala."

"Hand it over? Why would I do that when I'm not home yet." He barked. "I intend on using Lunala to capture Necrozma, together we'll be unstoppable. Then and only then can I travel to the past using Ultra Space and save my world from destruction. This isn't about going home, it's about making a new better world. And if I have to lay the foundations of that better future on the ruins of yours. So be it. Sacrifices have to be made. If you understood that maybe you would have gone home by now. Jubilife Village, the Galaxy Team, you could wake up tomorrow and see none of this as a bad dream. It's a future you won't ever live to see."

"How do you know about all of that?"

"While you got to see my home, I in turn saw yours. What a world, I'm slightly jealous. I'll be sure to make a few points for when I save mine. Now, how about it, join me, and help me bring an end to our suffering. Help me help you get home."

"Home, I could go home."

"Yes, leave all the troubles of the future behind. You can live out your life in peace with your friends. With your Pokemon. You'd see your mother again."

"I could, no, should, maybe I would. Why can't I get what I want?" I snap standing up and facing the other me. "But damning my friends. Zinnia, Dawn, Penny, Arven... Nemona. I would never sacrifice my friends for my happy ending. Never."

Smirking at this he nodded. "I expected as much. Do you want to know the difference between you and me Y/N? I know in retrospect all things, friends, allies even family mean nothing when your future is for the taking. And I. I never hold back."

Team Rainbow Rocket Y/N wants to battle...