Sun and Moon Arc Chapter 7 - The End of One World

Start from the beginning

Zero let go of me as she began to lead the way halting our progress as several patrols kept going past. Waiting for a moment she glanced at me uneasily. "I heard whispers of you getting tagged a few days ago by this city's gym leader. Sloppy work if true. That's unlike you."

"We all have our off days, right?"

"The patrol is getting ready to move, let's sync our location via the Z-Transceiver." Zero suggested pausing and looking at me again. "Where is your transceiver?"

"I, umm, lost it?"

"Damn it, whatever, let's hurry, before the whole city is upon us."

Darting through the streets we ducked into an old rusted telephone box outlasting another patrol. "Mind telling me why everyone wants my head on a pike for?"

"You're shaking my timburr now, what the hell is wrong with you? The whole world got the idea that you're the bastard who brought about the end of the world, it all started with that thing, that monster."

"A Pokemon?"

"If it was, it wasn't any known Pokemon in the dex, no entry, no number, nothing. Completely missing from our data. If you seriously need reminding, you won't have to wait long." Zero whispers edging the booth open and hurrying to the edge of town. I wasn't far behind as we had distanced ourselves from the lights and ecosystem, all that was left was the dark and cold.

Zero had stopped pressing her leg against an old railing staring onwards. I slowly approached as she glanced at me ushering me over. "If you need reminding of what Team Plasma is here for, let this be the reminder. What remains of Unova."

My heart dropped as I gripped onto the railing my eyes glued to the scene. My lip began to tremble unable to process what this was. "Impossible, this can't be real."

Everything beyond New Driftveil City was gone, it was a complete wasteland with nothing to show for it. There wasn't anything out there, all life, vegetation and hope had withered away, an endless creator drilled into my mind.

"All of Unova is like this, I'm sure the other regions too, it wiped out all Pokemon, so there's nothing left."

"What could do something like this?"

"An abomination, one we haven't seen since judgement day." Zero informed adjusting her Z-transceiver pointing it at me. "Now questions remain, who the hell are you? You are not our boss."

Holding my hands up I tried to defuse the situation. "Whoa, easy there Zinnia, we can talk about this."

"My name ain't Zinnia imposter, who are you, what did you do with the boss?"

"Alright, alright, I'm from the past, hundreds of years when Pokemon still exist, see, look here," I explain holding out a Pokeball. "You recognise this?"

"That's a fake, you're lying."

"There they are!" Zero turned around cursing under her breath. "Crap, the royal guards. You're on your own, buddy."

"Wait! I still have questions." I shouted as Zero jumped over the railing into the unknown abyss. "So close."

Turning around I was surrounded each had their Z-Transceiver pointed at me barking orders. "We have you surrounded, Plasma scum. You'll pay for what you've done. Queen Greta has orders to bring you in alive, but the way we see it, you caused this. Took our family and Pokemon. We should return that favour."

"Saying I'm from the past isn't going to change minds no?" I sighed gripping Liligant's Pokeball. "Fine, hard way it is then." Curling my Pokeball I tossed it in the air as Liligant burst out making all the Royal Guards gasp in shock. "Quickly mark our escape Liligant with a leaf storm!"