Sun and Moon Arc Chapter 4 - Stop Mimikyu Me!

Start from the beginning

Now that the boy had calmed down I spoke up. "Now, how about you tell me what's wrong?"

"I cannot find Pikachu anywhere."

"Pikachu? Are they your partner?"

The boy shook his head wiping his eyes. "Acerola says I'm still too young to be caring for a Pokemon. I turn eight next week."

"Happy birthday for next week then, so is Pikachu your friend?"

"He is, none of the other Pikachu like him, they treat him differently because he looks different. I usually find Pikachu waiting for me just on the outskirts of the first near the abandoned Megamart. When I went there today he wasn't anywhere!"

"Looks different, a shiny maybe? Hey, I'm sure Pikachu was just busy yeah? Maybe he was looking for something to eat." I suggest smiling. "How about we go look for Pikachu tomorrow, it's getting late so we should get you home."

"You cannot leave, we still need to run a few tests to clear you of any anomalies."

"Seriously..." I grumble rubbing my face. "Just when you need Zinnia she is off looking for clues, can you take him home?"

"No."

"Straight to the point huh?"

"I only live ten minutes away." The boy exclaimed. "I can get home but... But..."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm scared the Thing that Stalks at Night will get me."

"Excuse me?" I question feeling a shiver run down my spine. 

I could tell Gladion was getting more annoyed grumbling to himself. "It's a stupid story told to scare children into going to bed on time. If not a scary monster will snatch away their happiness. It isn't real."

"All stories come from sort of semblance of truth, I had something similar happen in Jubilife Village with whisps... Hmm, well don't worry kiddo, if I cannot go with you I'll let Mimi go with you. She'll keep you safe from any monsters, isn't that right girl?"

Zorua crouched down looking brave barking reassuring the boy. "Thank you, mister."

"Think nothing of it. There and back alright girl? See you soon." I whispered to Zorua roughing up her fur and watching the two leave. Standing back up I smiled. "When all of this is over I'm giving you a crash course on how to talk to people."

Gladion didn't even acknowledge my words walking back into the back to continue the research. I sighed rubbing my neck knowing it was going to be a long night.

****

The boy and Zorua had been walking for some time, and while the boy was scared he felt a sense of comfort knowing Zorua would protect him. Every second that passed the boy knew his home would be in sight and his warm bed to greet him. Making it further both the boy and Zorua had the odd feeling, the feeling they weren't alone.

The trees whistled blocking out the moonlight swaying back and forth the branches almost reaching down to snatch the two at any moment. The sound of Pokemon and the wind echoed into silence.

Nothing but silence. That was until the tall grass began to shake.

The boy stepped back shaking uncontrollably as something was getting closer. Zorua stepped up to the task growling ready to scare off any Pokemon that would test its luck. The boy, however, ran, he kept running in the opposite direction of his home. He ran up the trail past the trees further away from civilisation. His boots squashed against the wet mud. Zorua had to follow chasing after him.