Sword and Shield Arc Final Chapter - Goodbye Goodra

Start from the beginning

Undeterred, I continued the battle. "Goodra, use Muddy Water to disrupt its focus!" I ordered. Goodra unleashed a wave of muddy water, obscuring Eternatus's vision and hopefully making it easier to catch.

With another Ultra Ball, I hurled it towards the Legendary Pokémon. However, before my Ultra Ball could land, someone else beat me to the field as a Master Ball engulfed the legendary Pokemon, imprisoning it without a chance.

One... two... Three. Eternatus was caught. This was followed by a chuckle that sent a chill down my spine. Spinning around, I was caught off guard, finding Giovanni standing by the elevator, hands in his pockets with a smug look. "You've played your part well in all this; I thank you, Y/N."

"You... Stop right there; you can't have this Pokemon."

Giovanni stopped shifting his gaze to the Master Ball and my team. "Oh, is that so? But I caught Eternatus fair and square; as a trainer, it isn't right to block another trainer's prize."

"You're no trainer! You don't see Pokemon as friends; they're just tools for you!"

"You're not wrong; I used to think the same way you did at one point many years ago. I thought the power of friendship and love was enough to get me places. It isn't. You should know that, too." He taunted, continuing to smirk. "But do not take my intentions wrong; we, too, are connected to our partner Pokémon. It's just a slightly more...nefarious connection."

"What do you want with Eternatus?"

"What else? Power. The little mind games you so gracefully fell for were enough to keep you out of harm's way. After all, you dealt such a heavy blow to our forces in Alola; steps needed to be taken to keep you away. While you were running around challenging gyms with no care in the world, my team were busy. Now look, we have this region on its knees and a Pokemon capable of bringing the Darkest Day upon any Region. And it all thanks to you and the Chairman."

Zorua growled as I gripped my fist, shaking my head. "I don't care what you did to me; your plans stop here; what you did to Leaf, to the other me, it's unforgivable. Your evil plans are finished!"

"There is no such thing as good or evil when it comes to power. There is only power...and those who are willing to use it. You'll come to see that soon enough. And I don't care if you like it or not." He spoke with a threatening tone, holding a Master Ball. "If you intend to continue to stand in my way, I will crush you."

Team Rainbow Rocket Giovanni Will Defeat You...

Giovanni slouched back, chucking his Master Ball out and sending out Nidoking, its overwhelming power burning into my mind. Giovanni chuckled; his cold eyes bore into mine, and the air crackled with an unspoken challenge. My heart pounded as I released my trusted Goodra onto the battlefield. Little did I know I was about to witness a one-sided clash.

"Goodra, let's give it our best shot! Start with Dragon Pulse!" I commanded, determined to make a stand against Giovanni. Goodra responded with a burst of energy, launching a vibrant beam of draconic power toward Giovanni's Nidoking.

To my dismay, Nidoking barely flinched. Giovanni's eyes locked onto me, revealing a hint of amusement. "You underestimate the power of Team Rainbow Rocket," he sneered. "Nidoking, show them your power! Use Earthquake!" Giovanni's voice echoed through the air as Nidoking unleashed a devastating tremor. Goodra struggled to maintain its footing, the ground quaking beneath us. "Spare them no mercy, Fire Punch, now!" Giovanni's command was swift, and Nidoking lunged at Goodra with a blazing jab. The attack landed with brutal precision, leaving Goodra burnt and weakened.