Sword and Shield Arc Chapter 5 - Leaf Me Alone

Start from the beginning

Leaf wasn't stopping there, already ordering her second attack before we could comprehend what had happened. "Turn the tide, Eevee, let's get the upper hand with Bouncy Bubble!"

Again, out of nowhere, we were hit this time by a water-type attack I had never seen, and to make matters worse, it seemed to have healed a large amount of her health by this attack.

Feeling completely thrown under the bus, I gritted my teeth, looking to Espeon, having to take this fight somewhat seriously. "Cookie, stop messing around and get back in the fight with a calm mind!"

Espeon looked to me, nodding, calming himself, and imagining a drop of water splashing over a peaceful lake powering up.

"Good, now le-"

"Don't let them utilise that move, Eevee; cancel it hard with Freezy Frost!"

Eevee began to shake, shouting as ice emerged around Espeon, engulfing him and shattering. Somehow, this attack had removed our buffs, turning my grinds.

"What sort of attacks are these!? You've got to be making these up; why didn't you bother to think of learning these crazy OP moves, Cookie!?"

Espeon looked hurt by my comment as Leaf began jumping, hyping Eevee up more. "Ready to admit defeat?"

Dropping my bag, I took out my Tera Orb, shaking my head, amused by her ego. "You're kidding me. I'm not about to lose to some Eevee and their made-up moves. Prove your worth, Cookie; it's time to beat the opponent into submission!"

Holding the Tera Orb out, it began to react, erupting as I watched Leaf look concerned. Throwing the Tera Orb with an underarm, effortless throw, Espeon was captivated inside a flurry of crystals, emerging now a fighting type. "Cookie beat her down with a Tera Blast!"

Eevee was blown away with a devasting, super-effective attack, almost down for the count. Not letting our victory dwindle any further, I continued to bark orders. "Don't stop, it's our win now. Espeon, pick Eevee up with Psyhic and continue to use Tera Blast!"

Eevee began to flail her legs, trying to escape as she was held in the air with no chance of escape. Leaf wouldn't sit down and take the next attack as she timed my attack with Eevee's. "We're never done; Eevee and I are number one; no one can hold a candle to our friendship! Counter with Sparkly Swirl!"

It's a fairy-type move, and given the situation, this isn't good. If this hits, Espeon is done. Trying to think of a quick strategy to overcome this, I felt my mind disappear. A pain came on as my body began to move without thinking as I withdrew Espeon, allowing the move to miss. Sending him right back out a moment later, Leaf was so caught off guard that the dirty tactic gave us the perfect chance to win.

"Now Espeon! Finish it!"

Espeon struck Eevee with one last super-effective Tera Blast, knocking the Pokemon down for good as victory was ours, even if it took a little more to get there. Leaf ran over to her Partner, picking her up and cradling her. "You did awesome, girl... Hey, what's the big idea!? That was cheating. Eevee would have knocked your Espeon out if you hadn't done that."

I couldn't help but feel bad. She was right; I shouldn't have done that. I should apologise.

"Beat Espeon? If Espeon could go down to such weak attacks, I would have kicked him from my team back in Sinnoh; admit it, your Eevee is weak. Maybe you should evolve her next time."

I didn't mean to say that. I didn't tell any of that. Even Espeon looked at me, disturbed by my words. His last trainer dumped him for not being up to their standard, and here I was threatening the same.