Sword & Shield Arc Chapter 1 - Here We Go Again

En başından başla

Licking her palm Zinnia pushed back my hair, holding her chin. "Well, I think you look fine, just be yourself, and everyone will love you. Trust me."

"Thanks, Zinnia. I mean it." I whisper, freezing up as the plane lands. "Do you think they'll be strong trainers here?"

"Well, considering they love to brag the Champion has never been defeated, It's safe to say yeah, pretty strong trainers." Zinnia teased, punching my arm. "Oh, but I'm sure Agent Hisui will overcome any foe."

Glaring at her, I stood up, collecting my bag. "Again with that Codenamne... I hardly deserved such praise; they haggled me as the Champion of Alola; it wasn't like I earned it. The title was given to me by choice... I barely became a Champion Trainer in Paldea; they'll be disappointed."

Zinnia rolled her eyes, jumping from her seat, grabbing my bag, and dropping it in my arms. "That's one more than most can gloat. You're a Champion; tell him, Mimi."

Zorua began barking, running around in circles, looking determined. "You're right; you always are girl. Sorry for doubting you. I'm their guest; it's not like they want me to participate."

Zinnia chuckled away. "Of course not; that would be totally unfair to the trainers just starting. You and that wild imagination."

Bidding my thanks to the hosts and pilot, I ducked out of the plane, covering my eyes from the harsh sunlight. Once they finally adjusted, I saw a handful of people waiting for me. Taking a deep breath, I stroked Zorua, keeping my cool. "Here goes nothing, Y/N."

Walking down the stairs, the group all began clapping, only sending my nerves skyrocketing into the next year. Pausing for a moment, I gave faint waves, nervously laughing. "Hello, yes, hello. Thank you for having me."

"Finally! We are most honoured to have you." An older man boasted, shaking my hand. "My name is Rose, I am the Chairman of this region's Pokemon League; Professor Kukui mentioned your arrival; I must admit I wasn't expecting Alola's first Champion to be so young."

Continuing to shake his hand, I nervously chuckled along, nodding. "Y-Yes, well, it was very last minute. The Pokemon League was put on ice for a while; I wouldn't even consider myself the Champion."

"But you are a Champion of Paldea?" Rose said, eyebrow raised. "I've followed your journey quite closely, young man; there's no need to be so modest, I am quite certain, no adamant we have a fantastic trainer visiting. Oh, forgive my manners; how could I forget the most important person, your graceful partner."

Zorua began wagging her tail, making her presence known, letting Rose pat her. "This is my partner, Mimi; she's the real star of the show; I wouldn't be half the trainer I am without her."

"None of us would be here without our trusted friends," Rose admitted adjusting his sleeve; he looked to shock and slight confusion coming across Zinnia. "I beg your pardon, mind my manners; I don't believe we've met."

"Zinnia." She returned, not at all interested.

"Zinnia? Y/N's plus one?"

Looking at her, I shrugged my shoulders, going along with it. "She's my plus one?"

"Excellent, absolutely fantastic; I think nothing left. It's alright, wonderful to travel with a dearly beloved." Rose gloated, shaking Zinnia's hand.

Slightly red, I cleared my throat. "Oh, no Zinnia and I are jus- Nevermind..."

"Now, simple introductions are out of the way. I wish not to bombard you with such formalities. However, the opening ceremony is close at hand." Rose informed, clicking his fingers. "This is my assistant Oleana, she'll be in charge of setting up your accommodation for the foreseeable future, alongside getting you up to scratch with the schedule, opening ceremony in which you'll be giving the opening speech and battle against our top Gym Leader."