Scarlet Arc Chapter 8 - Past Meets Future Part 1

Start from the beginning

"It's that bad?"

I nodded, stroking Zorua. "Yeah, travel alone is fairly dangerous back home, even for someone like me. I might spend a few nights away from home base caught in a rainstorm, but never more than that... Do you think they've even noticed? But, of course, it was so long ago; maybe everyone moved on."

Sighing, I tried putting on my best smile again. "Look at me bringing the mood down; I need something to distract me."

Nemona took a moment snapping her fingers. "What else! You have eight badges now; there's only one place left to go! The Pokemon League, become a Champion!"

"I suppose I've come this far; it would be something to brag about back at home," I mutter, whispering. "What say, you Mimi? Want to show the world what we're made of?"

Zorua gave a half-hearted bark making me roll my eyes. "I hear you, girl; lunch first."

"I'll whip us up something real quick, a picnic for the ages." Nemona boasted, already juggling a loaf of bread. "Come come; it's my treat."

Sitting down, they leaned against the picnic table, yawning. "I don't know how you've already done the gym challenge; this was exhausting."

"Was it? I never saw it like that." She shrugged off cutting up some ham. "Each battle was one step closer to my dream; becoming a Champion at my age was something no one else had done. Nothing was holding me back."

Throwing a ball ahead, I watched Zorua run after it, happy as ever. Then, smiling, I found myself curious. "If you've already found your treasure, what next? I mean, you've conquered this region in those regards, then? Why haven't you travelled somewhere else?"

"Travelled somewhere else?" Nemona said, conflicted. "The idea has crossed my mind; I mean, there are so many regions to visit. Of course, there is where you're from, Sinnoh, but I've been interested in the Almia region oh and the Orange Islands. I almost transferred to Blueberry Academy as an exchange student last year but decided against it at the last minute. I could only imagine the powerful trainers, though!"

"Wow, you've really put a lot of thought into this, haven't you? So why not go for it then?"

Nemona shook her head, laughing. "I still have so much of my home to explore; powerful Pokemon like your Koraidon are still for the battling. Besides, if I had moved on, I would have never met someone like you, Y/N."

Koraidon burst out from their ball, goggling over my sandwich and keeping it away, scolding them. "Why do you decide it's time to come out every time I'm about to eat? You were the same with Arven..."

Breaking off a third, I gave one to Zorua and Koraidon, eating the rest myself. Nemona gave me half of hers, nodding. "I heard you were helping Arven, I jumped in, taking out one of those super strong Titans myself, but you took down the other two quite easily. Is his partner up to scratch?"

"Good as new, I believe... I couldn't imagine going through someone like that." I said, upset. "Oh, and I finished up the last of Team Star too, well, I think? Then, of course, there's the boss, but I don't know anything about that."

"You really have been busy, huh? Say, what will you do if you can't get home?"

My eyes widened at this as I fell silent. "I-."

We were cut off as Nemona's phone rang. The Rotom phone floated in front of her. "It's Director Clavell? Could it be!?"

Crawling over, I leaned over Nemona's shoulder, looking. "Director!? Is it good news?"

"Oh splendid, I was right to assume calling Miss Nemona would find you Y/N. The Professors wish to discuss urgent matters; they believe in having a way back home."