Scarlet Arc Chapter 7 - Attack on Titan

Start from the beginning

Spinning around, Goodra yelled as the heavy sun faded into a downpour. "Now that dampens that problem, let's turn this around, Goodra; hit it with a Draco Meteor!"

The meteors came down directly, hitting the Titan and doing no damage.

It had no effect.

"So this thing is a fairy type, good to know, and we'll use that as our advantage!"

The Titan attacked again with a super effective fire punch, but thanks to the rain, Goodra was just able to hold on. "You're doing great, Goodra! Just a little bit more, if it's a fairy type, then we'll make it regret that. Use iron head!"

Hunched down, Goodra propelled forward, crashing into the Titan and sending it flying.

Super effective!

"Alright, nicely done it!" I shout. I looked behind as Arven had helped Mela and Hope escape. I tightened my shirt nodding. "Just one more time, and this Titan should be toast."

The mystery Titan stepped back using another move, but not one to attack us. It used electric terrain. I was cautious about why it would use such a move only for it to power up like crazy. I covered my face as the shockwave blasted through the base. "This power... It was like that Salamance; what is this Pokemon? This is bad, Goodra. We should."

I stopped as Goodra looked at me, still determined. I took a deep breath, smiling. "Yeah, you're absolutely right; there's no way we're losing to this thing. So no holding back, Goodra, use Iron Head one more time!"

Goodra charged, ready running at the Titan. It did the same striking Goodra with close combat. Both Pokemon struck each other at the same time, both dealing heavy damage. Goodra fell to the ground, knocked out as the Titan was standing.

Biting my lip, I reached for my bag, pulling out a spare Pokeball. "Goodra, you did amazing... I can't let this chance slip by; I have no other choice!"

Throwing the Pokeball, the Mystery Titan was pulled inside as the Pokeball hit the ground. I squatted down, stepping back and watching the ball shake. Arven was standing by as I held my hand out, warning him.

My eyes were glued to the ball as it shook a third time. I held my breath until the green light flashed. I let out a longwinded sigh falling to my knees, relieved it was over. "That was too close..."

Arven ran over, checking the battlefield. "Did you capture it?"

I nodded. "Yeah, that Pokemon was crazy strong, too; I have no idea what it was."

Arven held out his phone, scanning the newly caught Pokemon. "Wow, the Pokedex isn't even too sure either. But it has the name Iron Valiant."

"Iron Valiant? I've never heard of a Pokemon like that. I don't even know if capturing it was a good idea. But to be fair, I've caught more wild Pokemon before. There's this one scouting mission over bad dreams... You know what, it doesn't matter."

Standing up, I picked up my new Pokemon, feeling uneasy. Could this be connected to that space-time distortion? I'm really left with my questions than answers right now.

Sitting next to Goodra, I patted him on the back, smiling. "You did great, buddy; we haven't fought that hard in a long time, right?"

Healing Goodra, I looked up, seeing Hope approaching, looking worried. "I umm... I'm sorry for everything; I got Droopy. I mean, your Goodra hurt because of my incompetence."

I shook my head, sighing, feeling a little sorry for her now. "You did good out there. Goodra isn't an easy pokemon to raise; believe me, evolving was a hassle. That's dragon types for you, but I can see Goodra really trusted you, Hope. You still have much to learn, but I think you'd make a fantastic trainer one day."