"Louis! My man, how's it goin'?" James answers the call within two rings.

"Hey, James, everything's good. How are you?"

"Good, good, what's up?"

"So...Alyce is still pretty closed off with me, and I don't know what else to do, but last time I was in New York, I noticed she wasn't herself, and I wanted to know if you or anyone else in the band has noticed too"

"Oh... come to think about it.. yeah, she's been a little off.  The couple of days you visited, though, she was fine."

"Damn, okay, thanks, James"

"Hey, wait.  As I said before, she doesn't open up to people... sometimes she opens up to lily, I can give you her phone number, and maybe she'll know more, does that work?"

I think about it for a second. "Yeah, man, that's great, thank you, see you soon, bye"

"Bye," he says In a singsong tone.

Only a couple of seconds later, James texts me Lily's phone number.

I quickly tap the contact and call her

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Louis"

"Oh, hi! How'd you get my number?"

"James..."

"That fucker" she mutters with a laugh.  "Anyways, what's up, Louis? You and Alyce okay?"

"Uh, yeah, no, we're great! Um... I don't want to sound like that person or anything..."

"Uh huh... go on"

"As you may know, Alyce is very closed off... and I've noticed something is off, but I don't know what it is, and I don't know how to help her, and I was wondering if you knew anything that can help me."

She was silent for a moment.  "Louis, Im honestly surprised she hasn't opened up to you yet.  I feel like she would've told me if she hadn't, but yet here we are."

"Yeah..."

Lily was silent for a moment.

"I don't want to say a lot 'cause it's not all my business to tell.  But I feel like she needs the help, and I can feel that you can help her.

"Yes, please, whatever you want to tell me"

She sighs. "Alyce suffers from depressive episodes.  They don't happen very often.  They go off every couple of years, and I'm assuming the band doesn't even know about them... well, maybe Theo..."

Theo

I breathed, "Wow, okay... um—do you know how I can help her?"

"It honestly depends on how she's feeling.  Most of the time, she needs somebody to be there, no talking, just listening, and your presence is enough"

"Okay.  Thank you so much for this, Lily."

"You're welcome, Louis.  Also, please don't tell her I told you any of this, she might kill me.  bye bye"