Thirty Two

March

- Alyce's POV -

The band and I are in our studio eating some burgers and fries. Dean and Theo sitting on the couch while James and I sit on the other side of the coffee table, our butts on small decorative pillows.

"Okay so..." Theo begins to speak with food in his mouth.

"Okay, swallow first, please," James interrupts.

I chuckle, "That's what she said..." James elbows me while Dean laughs.

Theo wipes his hands on his pants while he stands up, "So, I wrote two songs and I was wondering if we could go over them and maybe even add them to the album...?"

I look up at him, "Oh cool! Are you wanting to sing them too?" I ask before taking a sip of my Dr. Pepper.

"Yes." He replies, slowly, as if he's afraid of what we might say. I'm not sure why though, I love it when the rest of the band has different ideas that they wish to try.

"Great! Let's see 'em then." Dean exclaims.

As Theo goes through his shoulder bag, James speaks. "Speaking of this...I wrote a song too."

Oh???

"Show us!" I say, excitedly.

James reaches for his phone on the table and pulls up the lyrics he wrote on the notes app, while Theo turns to the page of his journal to show me the lyrics.

The difference between these two boys...

While I read both of their lyrics, three songs total, the only thing I can think is: This is gonna be another great album.

_ _ _

May

- One month later -

"Okay, so you guys now have seven songs total for the album, and your band is kinda known for having smaller albums than the average, so with that being said, you guys are good to go if you wanna release the album anytime soon." Our producer/recorder, Jared, explains.

"Let's announce it on Instagram live!" James yells.

We all thank Jared, grab all of our belongings, and leave the studio to go to my house.

-

We finally get to my house and I quickly unlock the door as fast as I can because the whole drive here from the studio James was complaining that he was going to pee his pants.

As soon as I open the door James pushes himself inside, "Move, bitch." While he's sprinting towards the bathroom he yells, "I didn't mean that."

I set my handbag on the kitchen counter when I hear my phone ringing. A smile instantly crosses my face when I realize that it's Louis. I walk to the living room and answer the phone.

I was going to speak first but Louis beat me to it, "Hello, darling." I blush.

Yup, I'm never getting used to that

"Hello, Louis."

"Oh, come on. Just Louis? I want a cute nickname too...What about 'Love'?"

I roll my eyes playfully, "Okay... Hello, Love...Okay no, I don't like that, I feel like Klaus Michealson."

Louis is quiet for a moment, "...Who?"

"He's from a show, Louis, called Vampire Diaries," I say with a small chuckle.

"Ohh...Well anyway, how is my Alyce doing?"

Oh my...

"I'm doing good, and so is the band...they're all at my place right now cause we're about to go on Instagram live and announce our album release!"

"What! Already? That's very exciting, Alyce. I'm happy for you and very proud of you."

Can he be any more perfect? I smile at his praise.

"Thank you, I can't wait for you to hear all of the songs..." Oh but I'm scared.

"And I can't wait to listen to them all, my love." There's a small pause, "Oh shit... Sorry, but I got to go, I will talk to you later, okay?"

"Alright, bye, Louis." The call ends and my smile begins to fade.

Ugh, do I miss him...

Oh god and I forgot to ask him how he was doing... Now I feel bad...

Jack used to always get mad when something like this happened. I would start talking about something that I'm excited about — kind of how I did on the phone just now. I would talk and talk for who knows how long. Eventually, he would tell me that I talk too much about myself and never ask how he is doing, that I'm selfish and think that the world revolves around me.

I would always become quiet then. I felt like a fucking housewife.

I never wanted to anger him or annoy him so I just shut my mouth.

Theo interrupts my thoughts by peeking behind the wall, "You okay? James is out of the restroom, so we can start the live whenever you're ready."

"Yeah, I'm good," I send Louis a quick text saying how sorry I am for not asking about his day or anything.

I walk to the kitchen and set my phone on the counter. I walk to the fridge to get something to eat, in the meantime, Dean sets up Instagram live on my phone.

Once we are all situated we start the live and announce our new album release.

– – –

A/N -

I had this in my drafts forever Idk why tf I didn't post it.

Also...I figured out how I'm gonna end this book while I was in deep thought in the shower earlier... yall are going to hate me.

Cadie <3