Quid Pro Woe

Wednesday's birthday begins with a séance, in which Wednesday wants to raise the dead and communicate with Goody Addams.

"Well isn't that just lovely..." Xavier jokes.

Now more than ever since Morticia told her that only Goody could teach her about her own powers. She wants to master her psychic abilities and it would seem this long since dead person holds all the answers. This séance is rudely interrupted by Enid though and then a suspicious note that is slid under her door. The note states that answers to the mysteries at Nevermore Academy can be found at Crackstone's crypt. Enid and Wednesday head over to inspect immediately.

"Do you ever take a break?" Yoko asks Wednesday.

"Why would I? There is a Murderer."

It's all a ruse though, since as it turns out, they have thrown a surprise party for Wednesday instead. She is presented with a cake and Thing even wears a party hat for the special occasion. But Wednesday is side-tracked, spotting a Latin inscription in the crypt, which reads: Fire will rain when I rise. Wednesday is decidedly distracted, but then has another intense vision to well and truly bring the celebrations to an abrupt end. In this vision, she speaks with Goody and witnesses a gothic gateway. Goody says that Wednesday needs to stop Crackstone.

"Well, that's not veery helpful.."

Later, Enid gifts Wednesday with a snood, whilst her parents supply their daughter with a taxidermy kit and some dead squirrels on ice. Mayor Walker and Principal Weems meet to discuss the vandalism son the school lawn. She accuses the Mayor's own son, Lucas, of the prank, after his vandalism at the Rave'N but he has a solid alibi on this occasion. When Noble says that he gonna search first who attacked Eugene and everything point to a student of the academy, Larissa immediately tells him to be careful what he says and that her charity has limits. The son can be found cleaning in Nevermore as a punishment for his many other pranks. He starts a conversation with Bianca and they make plans for an impromptu date.

"Aw, cute!" Enid whispers.

Wednesday draws connections between the fiery writing on the lawn and the Latin found in Crackstone's crypt, but Sheriff Galpin isn't interested. His son Tyler is equally annoyed with Wednesday, who appears to be ghosting him. She draws a picture of the gates from her vision and shows them to Tyler, but he isn't familiar with this particular location. Xavier fairs better, as he had the same visions in his dreams. In the end, it turns out to be the entrance to the old Gates mansion.

"Why are you there?" Thornhill says rather abruptly.

"I'm sorry, what?" Wednesday looks curious at the woman's sharp comment.

"I-It's just that- you, you shouldn't be outside of the school grounds!"

"Have we not already come to the conclusion that Wednesday doesn't follow the rules? It's not new."

The more Wednesday continues to dig, the more she seems to realize how everything seems to be connected. Thus, Wednesday decides to go and investigate the mansion for herself. She heads straight over but finds the Mayor leaving the abandoned building instead. He calls up the Sheriff, eager to explain his new theories, as he reckons he's onto something. Wednesday jumps in the Mayor's car to see what his theory is, but the Mayor is run over outside the coffee shop before he can reveal these new revelations to the Sheriff. Wednesday then witnesses all of this and again falls under the Sheriff's suspicions. Because of this travesty, the Principal puts the school under lockdown, and Wednesday is unable to leave the campus.

"well, isn't that just great." Wednesday mutters sarcastically.

Undeterred, Wednesday plans her escape. She contacts Tyler and asks him to pick her up from the school's entrance. Wednesday then invites Enid on a girl's night out. Both fall for her scheme and are driven to an unknown location, which turns out to be the Gates Mansion. It's a trick that upsets them both, but they still blindly follow Wednesday into the ghostly grounds anyway. Here they find the very same blue Cadillac that was used to run over the Mayor and then a hidden altar to Crackstone.

"This is confusing. I thought the Gates family were all dead?" Weems asks.

"They are." Galpin responds in confusion.

The monster then appears and hunts down its prey. Tyler is attacked, whilst Enid and Wednesday dive in a dumbwaiter to hide. The horrid creature claws at them from inside and the rope snaps sending them plummeting to the bottom of the building. In the cellar, Wednesday finds the missing body parts of all the creature's victims. But they are chased out before swiping any hard evidence. The gang regroups outside and Xavier turns up for added support. They end the night at Tyler's place, where Wednesday sees to his fresh wounds. Unfortunately, the Sheriff barges in and catches them all defying curfew.

"See, cute!" Enid argues her point to Yoko.

"No."

The Sheriff forbids Wednesday from having anything to do with Tyler or the case for that matter. She returns to Nevermore, where Weems is waiting for her. Wednesday acknowledges her wrongdoings but refuses to apologize. The Principal has many reasons to expel her, although Wednesday has one reason not to be expelled. She believes she has been sent to protect Nevermore, showing the Principal the drawing that prophesizes a showdown between her and Crackstone. Wednesday is subsequently given one last chance.

"Well, that won't last long." Pugsley mutters. Wednesday looks over to her younger brother.

She then returns to her room to find Enid packing up, stating that she's had enough. Enid states that she has tried to be friends with Wednesday and help her settle in at Nevermore, but this night has been the final straw. She is left all on her lonesome, just as Goody predicted. Wednesday then takes out a ballerina music box that she stole from the mansion, which belonged to Laurel Gates, Garret's sister. Inside the box are photographs, suggesting that someone is stalking Wednesday.

"Oh, fun." Wednesday responds, in a monotone voice.

Elsewhere the Mayor is seen in a coma at the hospital and a mysterious figure pulls the plug on the man; subsequently killing him.

"Dad..." Lucas looks upset.

[Please don't forget to like this if you enjoyed so I know whether to continue things like this :)]