35 heaven knows i'm miserable now

Start from the beginning

you suddenly exclaimed, "yes, you're right... i can't believe i can pull women as well." xiao just gazed at you in surprise and shook his head. after that, you just kept blathering on while xiao listened.

but then you abruptly ceased speaking and stopped walking, which caused xiao to stare at you bewilderedly. "wait, am i rambling too much? i can stop."

"no, you're not. keep going; i adore hearing your voice." xiao exclaimed instinctively. realization dawns on him, and he looks aside immediately because he shouldn't have spoken that out.

you froze in place at the unexpected confession since you had not anticipated hearing those words come out of his mouth. you only preferred to interact with xiao three to four times a week because he was always the more reserved person.

this conversation—with the exception of the halloween incident—is the longest you two have ever had.

the way you sounded cocky when you asked, "wow, does that mean you'd come to adore my presence?" caused xiao to sigh and retort, "no, and let's go. about your gifts, i'll just make those girls send them to the host club."

the time spent with xiao had already helped you forget about the earlier occurrence, and you had almost forgotten about the presents. you nodded and continued, "well yes, furthermore did you know.."

the conversation went on as y/n proceeded to spew more random shit, while xiao remained attentive to what she was saying. she somewhat reminded him of venti, which was a dismay to him because he had to put up with venti's presence constantly since middle school.

the amber-eyed boy assumed that y/n would cause trouble at the club because she was a girl after all, but his assumptions were disproved when he saw y/n for who she really was.

xiao had no choice but to trust the girl because venti has such high regard for y/n and was obviously fond of her. after all, it was venti who saved him from his miserable upbringing and provided the light he had always desired.

perhaps y/n would be the one to bring xiao's dark world to life and introduce him to fresh experiences.

"earth to xiao?"

his train of thinking was interrupted by her voice, and after turning quickly to face her, he saw that they were in front of music room 3.

"we're here, you seemed to be preoccupied with your thoughts." you chuckled, pointing out. xiao lowered his gaze and muttered, "sorry." as he was meant to be listening to your discussion but got lost in his own thoughts.

you briefly blink, wondering why he was apologizing, "it's all right, let's get going now."

then, with a smile on your face, you opened the room's two doors, with xiao standing by your side.

they were all planning the layout of the room when venti started ordering errands for you and you took the stack of papers off the table

they were all planning the layout of the room when venti started ordering errands for you and you took the stack of papers off the table. "are you sure this is all there is?"

you were already leaving the room when venti beamingly waved at you, "yes! hurry back as we'll need you for suggestions." before going to the student council meeting, you just gave a thumbs up.

it was actually your first time entering that room, but because you were focused on your studies, you were unable to recall the names and faces of the student council members.

you approached the room with your hand raised and were ready to knock when the door unexpectedly opened. your eyes caught a quick glimpse of a long pale blue hair and light purple eyes staring back at you.

as soon as you came face to face with the tea booth guy or whatever, a feeling of familiarity overcame you.

"oh? are you maybe a part of the host club? as i recollected, they'll be sending documents here." his voice shook in your dazed state and you rapidly gestured your head.

you inquired, "yes, here are the papers and venti said you guys would also be paying us additional costs for the party?" ayato hummed in agreement before moving to the side and extending an invitation for you to enter the room, to which you complied.

after collecting the documents from you, he shut the door behind him and walked to his desk, where a large stack of papers had nearly taken up the entire surface. your eyes then turned to ganyu, who was soundlessly dozing with her head drooped on the other table.

then you observed the pile of papers next to her and deduced that she was probably working too much again and not getting enough sleep.

as he approached your figure, ayato handed you the documents he had finally located on the shelves. you snatched the papers from him and thanked him, "thank you very much."

but before you could move away, he abruptly inquired, "are you interested in joining the student council?" which caused you to halt in your steps and turn to face him with bewilderment weighing on your mind.

"me? i don't think i'm qualified for that." you knew that serving on the student council would provide you with a stellar resume and more job chances. nevertheless, you had several opportunities to serve on the student council back then.

but in this environment? you wouldn't likely be able to handle it.

this just prompted a frown from ayato, who then shook his head and explained, "i disagree with that, albedo, the student council vice president, informed me you'd be a perfect fit to be the secretary. due to certain concerns from our former secretary, they have to withdraw their post,"

the name of albedo soon captured your full attention; it should come as no surprise that he is a member of the student council.

you weren't able to reply when ayato continued on, "i think you will be an incredible fit for the student council. keep this between us but ganyu would continuously talk about you, it's apparent she admires you." with the sudden news, you remained silent at your spot, loss of words.

you paused and questioned, "wait, who's the president again?" to which ayato replied, "it's me, kamisato ayato. it's a pleasure to meet you." while continuing to give you a reassuring smile.

before responding to his offer, y/n nodded in acknowledgment. "i'll think about it, but i'd like to request what are the student council's current objectives for this university, and i'd like to know what the secretary position would bring to this organization."

the abrupt request caused ayato's smile to slightly widen; he will definitely fit in well.

"your requests are in my command; later, in your club room, expect a document."

"i'm grateful for the offer and your kindness, mr. kamisato."

END OF CHAPTER 35!

⟶ chapter written; january 16 2023

chapter written; january 16 2023

xiao closure!! after his animation video, i fell inlove with him again 💪💪 so why not write a lil moment between him and y/n 😼