Ch: 2 Pick A Partner

.
.
.
"Ugh.... Never expected to meet you guys here" Ayato raised a brow as he stared at the four people standing in front of the gates of the carnival.

"The feeling is mutual."

"Ho my god, a bat balloon..."

"Anim. We are in a tight situation here..." Yui muttered to Anim as she tugged on his slaves to break the boy out of his mesmerised state. Anim snapped out of his daze, and he looked at both sides.

The realisation hit him that both the Sakamaki brothers and the Mukami brothers were in the same setting. and are currently eyeing each other like there's no tomorrow.

"Guys, please don't start a fight...." Yui waved her hands in front of her. "I don't mind seeing a little cat fight though..." Anim muttered to Yui. Yui glared at Anim, to which he turned his eyes away and said, "Geez, I was kidding...—almost."

"Good grief, who would have thought Father had invited your lot as well?" Reiji spoke, "Why? You got a problem with that?" Yuma raised his brows. 

"Mhm, besides, it's supposed to be a carnival, so the more, the merrier, right?" Kou spoke in a cheerful tone. "Merry? More like annoying," Subaru said with rudeness.

"Please...Don't... fight." Azusa said in a whisper as he stepped back a bit. "Yeah! Azusa is right; please don't start a fight!" Yui also contributed by trying to stop the two sides. And what did Anim do? Nothing.

"Chichinashi, don’t go spouting that nonsense!" Ayato frowned at Yui. "Exactly. Please keep your idiocy in check... Get along with these guys?... Impossible!" Kanato also frowned, but at Azusa. which just made him hide even more.

"Anim! Say something!" Yui looked at Anim as Anim pointed at himself like, "Why me?" "Okay, um, guys, didn't you know?"

"Know what?" Kou looked at Anim. "That... friendship is magic?" Anim answered, immediately snorting afterwards at how stupid he sounded. "You are... no help.." Yui sighed.

"Hey, I never said I'd stop the fight. You said do something, and I did; look, now they're all looking at us." Anim pointed at them. which was true; they were looking at them. 

After a little bit of back and forth, they all came to the same conclusion: they would not travel in a group. They can't stand each other's presence right now; how will they ever manage being in a group?

But that left one question. Who will be taking care of the two humans they have? Well, only one of them was a human the other was... slightly less human. 

"What do you mean we have to be protected?" Anim whined as he looked at Reiji, "I have magic and stuff! I am capable enough to take care of both Yui and me!"

"You have magic, but you still don't have control over it. You sometimes summon things at random, break your magic when you get distracted, and become unconscious when you use it too much. Now can you explain to me why I should consider you reliable enough to protect yourself and Yui?" Reiji pointed out all his flows as they stung him like arrows.

"Fine.. fine.. geez..." He sighed.

"you two are humans who carry special blood. To the citizens of this world, they are a  delicious feast walking one two feet." Ruki hummed and placed a finger on his chin as he looked at the two.

"You make it sound more scary than it should be..." Yui told as she once again had a concerned look on her face. "And it probably is..." Anim said, nodding as he thought about it. "Wait. So we are basically going to get babysat until something happens" Anim realized.

"Yes, exactly. Such a bother, I swear." Ayato sighed, and Ruki stepped forward as he took Yui's hand in his. "Well, if you don’t mind leaving her alone and having one of those low-class vampires wandering around over there preying on her, You can simply neglect this bothersome "babysitting" duty, can you not?" Ruki told as Yui had a slight red face upon the contact of their hands.

Ayato narrowed his eyes as he made them- well, not hold hands. "Nah! I won’t let them suck Chichinashi’s blood without my permission!"

"So you would let people suck her if you gave them permission, huh. You are more of a bastard than I thought."

"What- No-!! Don't twist my words on me!" 

Anim watched from the side as he let out a cough, waving a bye at Yui as she looked back at him with struggling eyes. "Nah, you deal with that."

Anim then felt a tap on his shoulder as he turned around and looked up. "Oi, Your coming with me, chipmunk," Yuma told as he pointed at himself.

"Huh?? No way! He is not going with you!" Subaru yelled as he crossed his arms and stared at the taller male.

"How about we just let him decide who he wants to go along with and not be so noisy?" Shu sighed as he looked at Anim.

Anim gulped a bit as he looked up at the three males, who stared down at the boy. "I... I um-"

Well, now he is stuck-

.・。.・゜✭・Pick Shu
.・。.・゜✭・Pick Subaru
.・。.・゜✭・Pick Yuma

====================================

Pick your character lmao.
Idk, I thought it would be a fun little detail about the games, the options are not related to lore or anything. Also would help me deside which character should I lean more on to as love interest.

I think it's about time Anim start to realize his true feelings for one of them. Like the real doki doki.

So yeah. Who will Anim choose?