chapter 20 • the way the moonlight hit cherry's face

ابدأ من البداية

but her quince had been post-poned, because her father had a business meeting to go too for at least a month.

finally, her father agreed on a date and promised he'd be there.

she prayed that he'd actually show up, and wouldn't he distracted with work.

"wake up!" elena called out.

"i'm awake!" cherry yawned, sitting up in her bed. "how'd you get into my house?"

"key copy. duh."

"oh, shit. i forgot you still had that."

cherry pulled the covers off herself.

"abuelita is snooping around in your kitchen to make breakfast before you get ready." elena said.

"okay." cherry nodded. "i'm gonna shower really quick."

"okay. everyone's already here, by the way." elena said, and left the room.

cherry pushed the bathroom door open.

alex was in her bathroom, searching through her cabinets.

"are you looking for a pregnancy test?" cherry questioned, sarcastically.

"yeah, kissing you might've gotten me pregnant." alex joked.

"get out so i can shower."

"okay, but hurry up. i'm gonna be bored."

"i know. how do you live without me?"

"i don't."

cherry grinned, and alex left the bathroom.

she made sure to shower as quick as possible, and changed into a simple pair of pajamas.

at about 6 in the morning, she headed downstairs.

"this is the least extravagant i've ever seen you." penelope said, greeting the girl.

"i'll be extravagant enough in 5 hours." cherry grinned, and took a seat.

"i am very excited! and i am sorry if i steal your spotlight by accident." lydia said, and placed pancakes on the plate in front of her.

"all good." cherry laughed.

"wow, it only took you an hour to get ready." alex joked, taking a seat beside her.

elena sat on the other side.

"i was in a rush." cherry shrugged, and took a bite out of the pancakes.

"your house is huge." elena glanced around the large kitchen.

"how is your house this big, just for you to never be in it?" penelope questioned.

"i like it better at your house." cherry shrugged.

"because i'm there?" alex assumed.

"duh." cherry said.

"me too." lydia agreed.

elena was the first to finish her breakfast.

"can i use your shower?" elena questioned, holding her bag.

"mhm." cherry nodded. "your suit and alex's suit are in my closet."

"okay. thanks." elena nodded, and ran off.

lydia had showered very early in the morning, and done her 20 step routine.