chapter 19 • why had cherry cared so much about a fake girlfriend

Start from the beginning

"thanks." cherry high fived her.

lydia gave penelope a suspicious look.

"what? it could be dr. berkowitz." penelope shrugged.

"but you laughed. leslie's jokes are not funny." lydia sat beside them. "knock knock? who's there? who cares?"

"well, he was nice enough to let me come home early so we could all eat together. he had plans so it worked out." penelope shrugged.

"did he mention where he was going?"

"i didn't ask."

"did he mention who he was going with?"

"mami, i don't know. why do you care anyway? aren't you two just friends?"

"si, of course. did he turn right or left out of the parking lot?"

"stalker." cherry high fived lydia.

"just look at his facebook. he checks in everywhere." alex suggested. "last week, he checked in at his attorneys office and wrote, hashtag my daughter is suing me."

"syd and i would never stalk each-other on social media." elena said.

"good for you, but i'm still gonna stalk alex's account later." cherry shrugged.

"i don't want to stalk him! i want to know exactly where he is and follow him there." lydia agreed.

"lydia, you're my soulmate." cherry grinned.

"a lot of people have told me that before." lydia smiled. "show me, papito."

alex pulled his phone out. "he just checked in downtown at the opera. hashtag just checked in downtown at the opera."

"but i always accompany him to the opera." lydia said.

"let's go to the opera and jump him." cherry suggested.

"it's not like he took another woman." penelope sighed.

everyone at the table laughed.

"you think so?" lydia asked.

"mami no, because that's ridiculous. he probably took a family member." penelope shrugged it off.

"yeah, like his daughter, who is suing him." alex said sarcastically.

"he can take whoever he wants." lydia stood up, and walked away from the table.

"you okay, abuelita?" alex asked.

"i am fine, papito. i am very, how do you say.. chill!" lydia aggressively shut her curtains, which ripped off the hangers.

"god damn." cherry blinked.

"yeah, that ain't chill." penelope agreed.

«───── « ʚɞ » ─────»

lydia and schneider were gonna go to the opera together.

"sorry i can't help you stalk him, lydia. i would go with you, but i need to see what bitch alex is cheating on me with." cherry glared at alex, from the couch.

"you guys are dating?" penelope questioned.

"no, because he's a cheater." cherry scoffed.

"what are you talking about?" alex questioned, from inside the kitchen.

"so your secret girlfriend is p.. pearl? patricia? padmini? ooh.. maybe p's not a student. ms. perez the lunch lady?" elena listed out possible options.