Chapter Ten: Can We Talk

Austin holds me close in a comforting hug as a sob all over his shirt. He kisses the top of my head and strokes my back.

My life is messed up but this is perfect. As long as he stays with me I'll be happy.

I put my arms around his waist and suck up the snot that wants to run out of my nose constantly.

"It's okay don't cry." He says lightly patting my head and kissing it again.

"Do you love me?" I ask him sounding serious but scared to hear the answer.

He smiles saying. "Of course."

Did he understand correctly? Did he know that I meant it as loving a partner and not a friend? In case I was mistaken I try to make it a little more obvious.

"No do you love me as in feeling attracted to me?"

"Yes, I love you ." His soft dark eyes stare into mine. His thumb caresses my cheek.

"Whatever happens you'll stay by my side?"

"Always."

Having last week's talk gave me some hope and courage to share the pregnancy with everyone today, and I'm thankful that Austin kept his word and is staying by my side.

But now I need to talk with Lottie so she understands what I have planned for the future.

I hope she's not too mad at me.

Whipping away my tears I then close my eyes and listen to his calm heartbeat. I sign and smile.

After a good five minutes, we break apart when dad interrupts wanting to speak with Austin privately.

I sit on the couch and wait for them to exit the kitchen.

Ten minutes.

Thirty minutes.

One hour.

Sick of sitting around and waiting I head upstairs to my bedroom. It was getting pretty dark out now so I decide to get ready for bed.

I pick out a clean pair of pajamas and underwear and set them on the bed and start a warm bubble bath.

Once the bath was full I close the door and strip out of my clothes and submerge my body in the warm water leaving my head afloat.

I prop one of my legs on the wall of the tub and start shaving the little hairs away.

Then I hear a knock on the other side of the door. Dad and Austin must be finished with their conversation.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"I'm going to head to bed don't stay up late and get some sleep," Dad says and sighs.

"Ok, I will."

He didn't mention Austin leaving? Did he leave without saying goodnight?

I finish up and step out and wrap myself in a towel and do my skincare.

I enter my room and come to a stop and close my door. My eyes not leaving my bed.

Does dad know that he is here waiting in my room on my bed?

"What are you doing here I thought you went home?"

He shakes his head in response and lays back on the mattress.

"Then does dad know that you are here?"

"Yeah I wanted to say goodbye before I go for the night, but I don't think your dad knew you'd be naked before me." He suddenly sits back up. "Get dressed I won't stop you." He smiles with a wink.