"Big words for a small apprentice," said Oakfoot with interest. As soon as Oakfoot said 'small,' Tigerpaw shot a look of defiance at the ThunderClan tom.

Hawkfire eyed the apprentices. "Shall we escort those two back to our camp?"

"Why?" Blazepaw asked. "They did nothing wrong. You heard Tigerpaw---the stream belongs to both Clans."

Hawkfire snorted. "I bet if we weren't here, they would have gone into our territory anyways."

"That's not true!" growled Hawkpaw. "Who do you think we are?"

"Two trouble-makers, that's what you two are," Shadepaw hissed, her fur fluffing up by her rear.

Mouse-ear gave Shadepaw a look. "I think you ought to calm down, Shadepaw," said the warrior. "Maybe I should just escort them back to their camp and not bring it up to Treestar?"

Blazepaw looked up at her mentor. Treestar was ThunderClan's leader, and was the brother of Mouse-ear. The day Mouseear became her mentor, she was excited because the tom was respected amongst his Clanmates and was an excellent hunter and fighter. "I think that's best," Blazepaw said.

Hawkpaw leaned closer to Tigerpaw, and whispered in his ear. Luckily, Blazepaw was close enough to hear it. "We don't have to stay---we can easily outrun these tree-hoggers. We don't want them trekking through our territory, anyways!"

Tigerpaw's eyes widened, but something about that idea lit a fire in his fierce amber gaze. Blazepaw stepped up and quickly moved behind them, blocking their exit. "You two are not going to outrun anyone," growled the ThunderClan apprentice. She felt triumphant and proud of herself; she certainly would never be able to outrun them but she could always outsmart them. The fire in Tigerpaw's eye quickly went away, and he narrowed them at Blazepaw.

Mouseear looked up at them. "I've made a decision and I will hold it," said her mentor. "Blazepaw and I will escort them back to their leader, and the rest of you will continue to patrol the border. Understood?"

Hawkfire shrugged. "Alright. I'll continue to lead the patrol, if that's good with you," meowed the young warrior. Blazepaw looked up at him, admiration gleaming in her eyes. Something about him always made her paws tingle. She meowed a quick good-bye to him before he went on with the border patrol. Oakfoot and Sootheart followed Hawkfire, and Shadepaw padded after them, shooting a glance of envy at Blazepaw.

Blazepaw indeed felt fortunate to be going into enemy territory. The idea made her excited that she will know possible future battle terrain.

Tigerpaw, on the other paw, looked a little annoyed and mumbled, "Why should they be going into our territory? We didn't even trespass into their's . . ." No cat but Blazepaw had heard him.

Hawkpaw glared at the ThunderClan cats. "You best not try hunting here," growled the tabby, "Or bad things are bound to happen."

"It's not like we need your prey anyways," retorted Blazepaw, standing taller.

Hawkpaw growled. "Who are you to say that?"

"I say what I want." Blazepaw gave the WindClan apprentice a hard stare.

Tigerpaw rolled his eyes. "Hawkpaw, cut that out. We best get moving so we don't have to hang around ThunderClan anymore." The tabby tom padded back into WindClan territory, his chin held high. Hawkpaw grumbled something under his breath before walking besides him. Blazepaw could obviously tell that they weren't brothers; they seemed like they often fought, but they also seemed really close. She wondered if they really were littermates or not, but she didn't ask, feeling too awkward to start conversation.