---

EXTENDED SUMMARY

James Versatppen, the eldest of the Verstappen children, raised by their mother and a father that was abusive in every way but physical, at least to his two youngest. James always took the brunt of his fathers rage if it meant his mother and siblings were speared. Though there was one thing James had never let the rest of the world, especially his father, know or see, the only exception being his mother and his younger brother and sister. He had a child, a son named Theo.

Mick Schumacher, the youngest of the Schumacher children, raised by his mother and his father, when he wasn't on track racing for more points and wins. Mick shared his passion for racing with his father, having been offered a formula one seat for American  Formula One race team Haas at the start of the season, which he ecstatically accepted. Mick's mother, father and sister were all too ready to fly out to the tracks and support the young race driver.

Neither believed they would cross paths after the first drivers meeting of the season.

Neither believed that one person could really change their lives that much in such a short amount of time.

Author note

Ok so I have no real clue what I'm doing but I don't think that there are enough stories about mick, so I thought I would try and write one.

You can imagine James however you want, just know he has hair slightly darker and curlier than Max and I imagine him to have a few tattoos dotted around his arms and body, I'll try to add some detail about those later.

Also you have probably guessed but this is an au where Michael has recovered from his accident and has retired from formula one to be with his family. 

-Love B