Without a doubt, he was very excited and it made his transition of leaving me for the day much easier than yesterday. "Bye momma"

"Bye bud. Have a great day, and I love you to the moon and back" I blew a kiss.

"Moon and back" He repeated.

"Ready kiddo?" Lucas (I think) prompted, coming out from behind the desk to pick up a carseat in each hand. Theo gave him a nod in response, and shuffled his feet over to him. Giving me a nod and a smile as a goodbye and he's good to go, Lucas then disappeared down the hallway to the classrooms with the 3 of them.

Which meant one thing.

I was child free for the next several hours.

Not going to lie, I was as excited as I could be. Even if my day off from children meant it was a cleaning day, I was still looking forward to it. I honestly am a type of person that hates clutter, so even though my house is usually always a mess, it stresses me out and I wish it was easier to maintain. Plus, being kid free meant when I go back to sleep in half an hour I will have my bed all to myself.

Theo likes to take up the entire bed.

The second I got home I instantly just crashed in my bed. It was time to catch up on all the sleep that I've lost over the last few days.

I was awoken to the sound of someone knocking on my front door.

With a groan, I flung the comforter off my body. Who is even banging on the front door? And why won't they take the hint? It was probably just a salesman, which only irritated me more that they woke me up. I tiredly got out of bed and shuffled to the front door, unraveling my hair from the bun I threw it up in before my nap and fluffling it up a bit.

Obviously, I looked through the peephole, but I definitely wasn't expecting the person who was standing there on my porch.

And I definitely wasn't okay enough to deal with this right now.

"Lennon, open the door"

Just as their fist was about to connect with my front door for what felt like the millionth time, I opened the door stopping her in her tracks.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" I yawned. Why was she here? She rarely ever comes over here, but it wasn't unlike her to just show up without even giving a warning first.

"Well that is one way to greet your mother" She quirked an eyebrow and stepped inside my house, I didn't even invite her in.

"Sorry, I just woke up" I shrugged, and shut the front door behind her. I could already feel the judgement coming.

"It's 1 in the afternoon, why are you sleeping?" She questioned, and I watched as she stood there in the middle of my living room, arms folded across her prim and proper chest, looking at the mess with a look of disgust on her face.

"Didn't sleep much recently" I admitted, and by the look on her face I almost wish I never fell asleep and spent the entire morning cleaning.

"There's food wrappers everywhere" My mom commented. I only saw one empty gummy snack wrapper, and immediately after her observation I grabbed it and tossed it in the trash. It was only from this morning anyways. "What on earth do you do all day?"

Knowing it would be wrong for me to snap back with some comment about how I spend it watching my kids, I just kept my mouth shut.

"Time just slips away from me" I answered, which is the truth. I feel like the days drag on and I'm constantly fighting to get through them, but yet I never have any time to do anything else. It makes no sense.