𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 1

Kim Taehyung. The definition of perfect. He would rank first in everything. He was filthy rich. He played the piano like a professional. To top it all off, he was insanely handsome. What more was needed for him to be the heart-throb of Saemyoung University? Boys were jealous of him. Girls drooled for him. Well, most of them did. Most of them except one.

Eunji's fist clenched as she stared at the bulletin board. Not again. Her eyes glared at the letters:

#1 Kim Taehyung
#2 Shin Eunji
.
.
.

"Guess you'll have to try again", a unmistakable voice said from behind.

Eunji turned only to see the perfect face of her sworn enemy, Kim Taehyung. He was bending to her height, and their noses almost touched when she turned, causing her to repel backwards against the wall.

"What? Are you that scared of me?", Taehyung's lips curved into a mocking smirk.

"I have no intention of giving up, just because I haven't won so far. We'll see next time." Eunji muttered through gritted teeth.

"Oh, we'll see for sure.", He gave a victorious smile and left, while many of the girls following him simply rolled their eyes at Eunji.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

"Taehyung-ah, chukhahae!", a random girl pushed a bouquet of flowers onto Taehyung's cafeteria table. As soon as the girl was out of sight, he tossed it away.

"Wow, you and your nasty attitude.", said Jimin.

If Taehyung himself wasn't impressive enough, his friends, Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook were just as popular. They were both deep pocketed, and born with a face too perfect to be true. Whatever it may be, the three were pretty much inseparable since childhood.

"If you think about it, Eunji is probably the only girl you've ever properly talked to.", Jungkook said, pointing at a sulking Eunji, sitting two tables away with her best friend No Eul.

Eunji was pretty. Very pretty. She had wavy chestnut brown hair that gave way to her brown doe eyes and heart shaped lips. She would have easily been the 'queen bee' if she wasn't a social freak. She didn't like parties, she didn't drink, she didn't dress up, she didn't wear makeup, and she'd never slept with a guy.

Taehyung looked at her for a moment.
He smirked evilly.
"I guess, I just really love that look on her face. The look of defeat."

Eversince the first year, when Taehyung had seen Eunji struggling to overtake him, he had taken a special pleasure in mocking her and challenging her. He sparked off an unending duel between the two. As for Eunji, she detested Taehyung. Not only because he was better than her, but because he looked down upon her. He refused to ever even spare a look to those whom he considered were inferior to him. This pissed off Eunji even more. She wanted to defeat him, even if it were just for once, to show him that he was no boss. And seeing Eunji struggle so much just seemed to make it even more entertaining for Taehyung.

"Goodness. I'll never know how you can possibly be so evil.", Jimin said.

Taehyung's phone beeped.

Abeoji
Meet us for dinner. Hotel Shinhwa.

Taehyung's parents were always apathetic. They hardly ever called him. They only thought of him as their son for official purposes. Taehyung's mom died when he was 10, and his happy family fell apart. His father changed considerably and married another woman. She was nowhere close to his mum.

Taehyung blankly stared at the text, silently debating whether to ignore it or not. It's not like his parents ever cared for him. Dinner? Wasn't it too excessive?

He finally decided to go. He wanted to see what could finally persuade them to make time for him.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

"Ahhh, how long haven't we met up like this!", Taehyung's step mother said, with the most fake laugh ever.

"Taehyung-ah, how have you been, son?", his father said.

"I think we both know that no one here cares about that. Let's get down to business. Tell me why you have summoned me here.", Taehyung said in a threateningly emotionless voice.

"Gosh, you and your heartless comments. Fine. If that is what you want.", he replied.

"Do you remember Seo Min Hee? From High School?", asked his step mom.

"Mr. Seo's daughter? Yes I do."

"Well, she's coming back from the US next week."

"So?"

Taehyung's father cleared his voice.

"Adeul-ah, you've grown up now. You should start thinking of how you can help the company. So....how should I put it.....think of it as an alliance. We want you to date Minhee."

"There we go", he thought. It was obvious to him that he had been summoned to run a selfish errand. But dating someone? That wasn't something he was good at, or wanted to be good at for that matter. To him it was a waste of time and energy and a stupid investment that gets you nowhere. But it seemed to him that his parents were set on the idea. He thought quickly, but before he could think of a plan he blurted out the words.

"That won't be possible Abeoji. I already have a girlfriend."

~♡~