1•

~|•~•   Omniscient   ~|•~•

It was a fine Sunday evening, and the Somtochukwu's were having dinner. A soft classical music was playing through the home theater. And the only other noise that could be heard was the soft clatter of cutleries against the glass plates.

" Katie, please pass the salad " said Mrs Evan Somtochukwu, mum.

"Here you go mum" said Katie, as she passed the salad bowl to her mum who smiled gratefully at her.

"Thank you darling"

Few minutes later, when they were all done eating Mr Andrew Somtochukwu; dad, cleared his throat and looked steadfastly at his kids as he addressed them.

"Katherina, Kayson"

"Yes dad?" The chorused

"Tomorrow, you both will be resuming school in new classes. SS1 and JSS 2 respectively. Is that right?"

"Yes dad"

"Very good. I will not have the time to speak to you both tomorrow as I will be traveling for a business meeting very early in the morning, so I want you to listen very carefully. This new term, you will have to work extra hard as you will be entering a more advanced class with more difficult subjects"

"Katie, you will be introduced to science and art subjects. These are subjects that require serious brain work and by the time you get to SS2 you will be given the opportunity to decide whether you want to follow art or science. Do you understand?"

"Yes dad"

"And Kayson, this new class should prepare you seriously. Because the JSS3 is an examination class and you will be writing your Junior Waec when you get to that class"

"So study hard, read, don't be carried away by play or friends. Associate yourself with intelligent and serious students. Katie, you are now a teenager; a very beautiful one, I know surely boys will try to get close to you and befriend you. Be smart, don't let any boy use your head! I'm not saying you can't have male friends, you can. But nothing more than that! Anything that exceeds friendship is wrong at this age, do you understand me?"

"Yes dad!"

"Are you both clear? Do you promise to work extra hard this term?"

"Yes dad!"

"Good! That's my kids. Honey, do you have anything to add?" He asks, turning to his wife.

"You have said it all my dear, but let me just add this; kids, you know we love you and are always here for you. If you are having any issues at school do not hesitate to come to us. If anything bothers or trouble you, speak out okay? We love you and we know you'll make us proud"

"We love you too mum" they said, smiling.

"Alright! Time for bed, you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow. Make sure you say your prayers before you sleep. "

"Good night dad, good night mum" the kids said, as they climbed up the stairs to their room.

"Kayson if you like, be watching cartoons on your tablet." Katie said pushing her little brothers head with her finger.

"Leave me joor. As if you don't use to watch TikTok on your phone in the night"

"Mtchewww, I've told you oh!" Katie said as she walked into her room shutting the door behind her.

Her room was very spacious, the walls were painted white and pink, with few posters of her favorite musicians; like BTS and Selena Gomez decorating the walls. A king sized bed, a huge mahogany reading table, a walk in closet, a vanity table, the ground was covered in dark blue fluffy rug. With a very large bathroom.

She had her bath, applied her lotion, got on her pyjamas. Said her prayers, switched on her A.C to a high level and got in her bed, wrapping herself in her duvet. As she dozed off.

      •°•°•°•°•°•°|•°•°•°•°•°•°•°|•°•°•°•°•°

Chapter one done and dusted.

Please don't forget to vote and comment. Ily ❤️

~Dee 🌼