Chapter 25: Acceptance

Start from the beginning

Aunt Hilda stepped closer from her previous spot from the stove.

"This..." she gestured. "is all the information I have found. Have at it..."

Sabrina picked up a book and stared at the title and started flipping through it, while her brother who had already went through all the books, decided to take some of the notes his sister had made.

"I realised that I might have been a bit brash, last night..."she admitted downcast. "So, I'm giving you two days to obsess over this and try to find a solution, but if you don't find anything...which I doubt you will.. " looking back up, she stared them down. "...you will let this go..."

The room was met with silence as the rest of the family shared glances.

"Would you like some eggs and bacon?"

Her aunt Hilda broke the tension. As she smiled encouragingly at her eldest niece.

With a grateful smile, Cordelia spoke up, "No, thank you..." she answered, while sneakily glancing at her red-headed aunt, who finally placed her newspaper down on the table. Zelda Spellman slowly grabbed a book from the centre of the table, and then started reading herself.

'I guess that's all I'm going to get from her.' Cordelia thought.

"I actually have plans..."

"Plans? Plural?" her brother asked in disbelief.

Playfully glaring back at him, she sighed out. "I'm just visiting Leticia, which reminds me..."

The red-headed matriarch looked up at that. While Cordelia held out her hand towards her brother, earning her an eyebrow raise. "Father's compass please..."

The warlock's face immediately dropped as he handed the item glumly, as she addressed the rest of the family again. "I need to make sure that witch can take care of a black baby girl's hair. She's barely able to take care of her own."

Sabrina slipped out a chuckle, remembering the state of Dezmelda's hair.

"Well, send her my love." Aunt Hilda, smiled, brightly. Earning a nod from her niece, who then directed her gaze to her eldest aunt.

"Anything you need me to give her?"

The older witch quirked her lips lightly, "No, nothing." she answered shortly, and then looked back down at her reading.

Nodding slowly, Cordelia responded. "Alright, then." Noticing her brother's expression, she flicked him on his forehead. "I'm just borrowing it for a day... or two, fix your face."

"Bloody hell, ow!"

Cordelia smirked at that and then stared at the rest of her family. "Goodluck in your search." she grimaced.

"Aren't you able to teleport on your own now with your newfound powers!" Ambrose mocked loudly. His sister flipped him off, before leaving the room.

"Not by choice Mr Sourpuss!" she yelled, before slamming the door.

Sitting in the tiny living room of the forest witch's cabin, Cordelia neatly brushed Leticia hair as she played with a tiny doll, that the Spellman witch had gifted her.

Dezmelda was out for the day, taking the opportunity to buy the necessary groceries and necities for the house.

"Now look at you..." Cordelia finished, while putting the hairbrush on the sidetable next to them. She lifted Leticia up, who had a small satin headband, and her tiny curls out at the back. Shining with the shea moisture and coconut oil.