Chapter 2: Revelations

Avatar Legends- Ryu Ga Gotoku/Like A Dragon: Kuni (A Yakuza x Avatar Story)

CHAPTER 2: REVELATIONS

Opening:

Kiryu was a bit confused after seeing Kelsang suddenly dragging Kyoshi out of the kitchen. He went back to work, deciding that he'll ask Kyoshi later once she and Kelsang were finished talking to each other.

"Am I very glad to see you here, Kazuma."

Kiryu lifts his head up and gets surprised when he sees Kazama standing across from the table he is at.

"Sir!"Kiryu bowed upon greeting him."How are you?"

"Fine, thanks."Kazama said."I see that they have you working in the kitchen now, hm?"

"I want to help around as much as I can here, sir."Kiryu said.

"I see. In that case, I shall help around too. Need to get my mind off after witnessing Yun's training."Kazama said as he stood right next to Kiryu.

"What happened? How is he?"Kiryu asked, concerned.

Kazama sighed."It was Jianzhu. He took extreme measures to get Yun firebending. Poor boy. Hei-Ran, Shibusawa and I couldn't do anything but watch. It soon became unbearable afterwards. That didn't matter to Jianzhu though. He's doing all he can to get Yun to firebend. Even if it means hurting him to do it."

"Is he okay?"Kiryu asked him.

"Thankfully, yes. Just a few injuries on his feet, that's all."Kazama said."I understand Jianzhu's trying to fix his mistake with training Avatar Kuruk but I don't think he should have gone that far training Yun. Even if he's the Avatar, he's still a young boy. Pressure him enough, the boy will lose himself."

Kiryu felt bad for Yun upon hearing that. Sure he may not be the Avatar himself but he can imagine the amount of pressure and expectations being placed upon it. Even though they may possess greater abilities than anyone else in the Four Nations, the Avatar is still a human being. They have their own fears, anxieties and insecurities and it's a challenge trying to overcome them.

"Kazama-san, if I were to ask, what was Avatar Kuruk like back then?"Kiryu asked him.

"Ah. Avatar Kuruk...Where do I begin? Hm, when I first met Avatar Kuruk, he was hedonistic and easygoing, searching opponents to challenge in bending. Of course, the challenge was an invitation to me. When he first stepped into Kamurocho and declared a challenge, I accepted it."Kazama said.

"How did that go?"Kiryu asked.

"Hm."Kazama does a small smirk."I defeated him. It was challenging, yes but his overconfidence got the best of him. Moments after the fight, I remember him begging for me to teach him how to chi-block as he was very impressed with what I did at the fight. At first, I refused but seeing the potential he holds, I ultimately decided to teach him chi-blocking. We became friends shortly after and he told me everything about his other friends and adventures. I even introduced him to the Kamino Dragon. When he discovered what I truly was, he talked me out and taught me how to change my ways. It was really unexpected of him but I am still thankful for what he taught me. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be the man I am today."

Kiryu was in awe upon hearing this. Though he had been hearing tales of what Avatar Kuruk was, it was nice to hear a tale from someone else's perspective and it even made him become even more curious about Kazama's past.