Missin' the Mission

Start from the beginning

"Oh, actually we're not, 'cause we have a note from our dad. He signed it and everything." I say, handing Perry the note.

"With his name," Adam added.

"Oh, well, I'm sorry. My bad. That changes absolutely nothing!" Perry says. She rips up the note. "Just because your dad lets you cut school doesn't mean I have to. Somebody has to be the disciplinarian. It's like I tell my cats..." Perry hisses like a cat, making us give her weird looks. "See you four in detention!" She walks off.

"Great. We miss school for a mission and get punished." Chase says. "This isn't fair."

"No, it really isn't. Well, you guys have fun." Leo says. He walks away.

In the lab, Mr. Davenport was working on something when Leo walked in holding a stack of papers. "Summary reports are done. And may I just say, I've never felt so alive. So what are you working on?"

"Hi!" Eddy says, turning around in a robot body. Leo screams, dropping the papers on the floor. "Ha! Now, none of you are safe!"

"I designed a robot body for Eddy. Isn't it cool?" Mr. Davenport says. "He can now patrol the grounds, he can disable explosives, and he can mix two paint cans at the same time."

"Look what else I can do!" Eddy says. He shoots fog from his robot body, and it hits Leo.

"Isn't that great? What do you think?" Mr. Davenport asks.

"Well, at least I'm not the shortest person in the room anymore," Leo says. Eddy extends his neck up a couple of feet, making himself taller than Leo.

"Now what do you think?" Eddy asks.

"I think I'm gonna start locking my door at night," Leo says. Eddy shoots some liquid at Leo.

"You better hope that was water," Eddy says.

"It's mostly water." Mr. Davenport says.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Welcome to Dingo detention...or as I like to call it, me time!" Perry chuckles as Adam, Bree, Chase, and I sit in the cafeteria with a few other students. "I used to be a maximum security prison guard, and I still have the scars from the electric chair to prove it." We all give her weird looks. "It was the middle of the night and I thought it was the can. It happens. You wanna see?"

"No!" Adam, Bree, Chase, and I say.

"Bottom line, there's no escape. All the exits are covered." Perry says. She pointed to the lunch ladies, who were guarding the front and back doors. "In Dingo detention, we have two simple rules: no talking...and no cell phones!" Perry took away my phone as I was texting Kyle.

"And apparently no mouthwash," I say.

"Jokes on you, I gargle with vinegar," Perry says. "We will be on total lockdown for the next three hours. And that begins...now!" An alarm sounds from Chase's phone, and he hides it when Perry hears it. When she turns away, Chase looks down at his phone and sees a message that reads mission alert.

"Guys, I just got an urgent mission alert from Mr. Davenport," Chase whispers to us.

"Oh, no. What are we gonna do?" Bree asks.

"Guys, Perry said no talking!" Adam says. "Excuse me, we've got a couple of talkers over here."

"You two are busted! Give me that cell phone!" Perry says, walking over and taking Chase's phone. Adam tries to give Perry a high five, but she gives him a disgusted look. "Yuck. Any of you other little thugs holding? Flo, Brandy, we need a pat down over here. Go ahead, girls, flip 'em and rip 'em!"