"Look, I'm sorry I came into your room earlier..." Chase muttered, finally turning his head to look at Anti.

"It's alright, I don't mind," Anti said plainly.

"R- really? I thought-"

"You thought I'd kill you for being in there?"

"W- well, maybe not kill, maybe more injure or maim," Chase said quietly, his cheeks turning red.

Anti sighed through his nose, "I wouldn't hurt you, you know... I know what Jackie says..."

"I- I think Jackie doesn't know what he's talking about, I don't think you'd hurt us," Chase admitted.

Anti turned his head to face Chase, "Really?"

"Really," Chase reassured.

It was only then that Anti realized just how close their faces were and turned red, "T- thanks..." He whispered.

Chase smiled, his own cheeks still a bit pink, "Of course," He whispered back, his breath warming the tip of Anti's nose.

Anti felt his insides twist and shot up, his face even redder than before, his breathing quick. Chase followed suit, sitting up a bit slower.

"Well, you obviously came in here for a reason," Chase prompted.

"Right-" Anti said, having forgotten why he was in there, "Uh- I wanted to ask if you wanted to get some ice cream or something, I dunno."

"Aw are you asking me out on a date?" Chase joked, a smile playing across his lips.

"What?? No!" Anti cried, appalled, "I just wanted to leave my room and didn't want to have to deal with Jackie..."

"I know, I'm joking dude," Chase giggled and gently punched Anti's arm, climbing off the bed.

Anti blushed again and stood, deciding not to answer.

"But yes, that sounds fun," Chase said as he walked to the door.

"Where are you going?" Anti asked, tilting his head as he watched Chase.

"Uh- to the door? Are we not leaving?" Chase said, confused.

"Oh, we are," Anti reassured, walking up to Chase and grabbing his arm, "But we're not walking."

The high pitched buzzing of static filled the room as Anti glitched himself and Chase away.

***

Chase felt his feet touch concrete and he opened his eyes, grabbing onto Anti to avoid losing his balance.

"Oh my god that was horrible..." He muttered, pressing his hand to his head to push the buzzing headache that felt like the static he had heard had made its way into his brain.

"It's weird the first few times, sorry," Anti apologized, much to Chase's surprise.

"I- it's fine-" He said, trying not to let his surprise into his features, he hadn't expected Anti to apologize for anything, ever.

"Alright, don't look for any more pity asshole, go inside," Anti said, dropping the nice act.

"I- ok-" Chase said, trying to figure out Anti's mood swings.

He decided he couldn't and went inside, the warm scent of waffle cones surrounding him, sending him for a plunge into nostalgia.

He almost winced at the powerful memory that hit him, his children's laughter ringing in his ears.

"Can we have more?"

"No!" Chase replied, laughing, "You both just had giant ice cream cones!"