Forty-Two

The next day

Zuri
I never thought that I would have fertility issues but due to me being raped I ended up with scar tissue and fibroids. I had a conversation with Nate about me possibly not having kids and that if he wanted to break up with me he could, but he ended up proposing to me instead and then we got married. About 5 months ago I had surgery to remove the tissue and fibroids and we've been trying to have kids since I healed but so far all of the tests have been negative. We know that there's a slim chance that I will get pregnant but we have faith that I will. It's been about a month and 2 weeks since I've last seen my period so Im about to take a pregnancy test and if it's negative Ima tell Nate that we can either do IVF or surrogacy.

"Sister," I heard Malani call out.

"Bathroom," I called out.

She walked into the bathroom.

"What you doing?"

"About to take a pregnancy test."

"Oh okay."

I had already peed in the cup now I'm just about to dip the stick. I'm the last one without kids Kenzo is a teenager.

I dipped the test into the pee then I sat it on the paper towel and set my timer.

"Where's Nate?"

"He went to work."

"You off today?"

"I took off I wasn't feeling good."

"Oh okay."

"Why you're not at work?"

"I got an hour left I wanted to come and check on you."

"I'm good."

"You sure?"

"Besides the nausea and vomiting yeah I'm good."

"How late is your period?"

"A little over a month."

"Have it ever been like this?"

"No."

My timer went off and I picked up the test. Not believing what I saw I grabbed the other two tests and dipped them as well.

"What's wrong?"

I showed Malani the test.

"Finally congratulations."

I looked at the other two tests and they all were positive. I started to cry and Malani pulled me into a hug.

"Don't cry sissy."

"After trying all of these months I'm finally pregnant."

"How are you going to tell Nate?"

"I'm not sure yet."

"Should I call mama?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

Malani called our mama I checked my phone seeing that Nate sent me a text telling me that he'll be home on his lunch break to check on me.

"Wait so does this mean I get to be your midwife."

"Of course."

"You want a check up now."

"No you can schedule me one Nate is going to want to be there."

"Okay."

We heard the front door open and close followed by footsteps.