The Beginning of The End

Start from the beginning

"Oh, my goodness! We finally got a dance studio!" Abby exclaimed. I run in and set my school work down.

"All right, girls, remember– you are the national champions, so be on your best behavior. I don't want to see any of that baby-bratty crying, got it?" Miss Abby instructed.

"I'm serious." Miss Abby pointed at both Kenzie and I. Kenzie was going over her solo, while I was stretching.

~

"Let's go, let's go, let's go, come on!" Miss Abby yelled while everyone was doing hair and makeup.

"Abby, are solos first?" Jill asked.

"Solos are first." Abby confirmed.

"Well, since solos are first, did you make um... Can we get some guidance about the group number?" Holly asked. Mommy finished braiding my hair with pigtails on the bottom and I go change into my costume.

 Mommy finished braiding my hair with pigtails on the bottom and I go change into my costume

I come out and start rehearsing my solo on the side next to Kenzie. I finish rehearsing and I eat my snack with Kenzie. We are both drinking a Gatorade and some chips. Miss Abby announces that we need to go backstage. Maddie is up first.

"Welcome to the stage Maddie, with 'Don't Leave Me'." The announcer said and Maddie goes on to perform.

~

I thought Maddie did great, she has really improved since last season. I also really liked her costume, as well.

"That was act number nine– Maddie, with 'Don't Leave Me'." The announcer stated and Maddie walked off stage. She came back and I gave her a big hug.

"I thought you did great!" I say.

"Thanks, Mel." Maddie responded.

"Once again, this is act number ten in our elite junior contemporary solos. Please welcome to the stage Chloe, with 'Nobody's Perfect'." Chloe walked out and sat down.

~

Chloe did bobble a little bit on her tilt and another move, but other than that her turns were really good and I thought she emoted well.

"Good job, Chlo." Maddie congratulated.

"You did so good." Kendall commented.

"Yeah, it looked great." I congratulated.

"I forgot it." Chloe sighed.

"You forgot it? Where?" Maddie asked.

"When I did the turns." Chloe stated.

"I didn't even know!" Kenzie exclaimed.

"Yeah, we didn't even realize." Nia agreed.

We all head back to the dressing room since the rest of us don't perform to a little later.

"Whoo! Bravo, bravo, very nice." Abby congratulated while hugging Chloe.

"Great performance, great performance." Abby said hugging Maddie.