《 Chapter 7: Situation: Grim 》

Start from the beginning

Knucks spins up and knocks out Eggforcers. Sonic watches and chuckles.

"Nice spin attack, by the way. But I bet you can't do this."

Sonic spins to a bot pile, holds onto it, and runs. He kicks bot parts into Eggforcers. Rebel Soldiers run ahead and fire on more of them. Gwen roller skates in speed and spin dashes at the Eggforcers, sending them flying before she unballs herself and slices them off as it leaves frost bites on the parts.

"Retreat."

Eggforcers flees from the battle and flies away. Sonic, Gwen, and the rebels cheer at their victory. On the ledge, Rusty sneaks away. Sensing something, Gwen turns to the ledge just as Rusty disappears. She grows suspicious, having a bad feeling about this. Knucks lands in front of Sonic and glares daggers, protecting Gwen closely. Sonic stops smiling.

"Still bummed about me disappearing. Aren't you also mad at her as well?"

Knucks comes up to his face and growls.

"Come on."

He grabs Gwen's hand and walks past Sonic.

"Alright. Everybody scatter."

The rebels immediately run off and Knucks and Gwen stalks away. Sonic follows them in speed. Above, a chopper bot flies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Yoke denizens stand on the moving sidewalk. Underground at Rebel headquarters, Big gives a weapon to a soldier. Knucks, Gwen, and Sonic walks inside.

"I take it you radioed ahead and let Rebel know what's what."

"I did." Knucks crossed his arms.

Rebel turns and rushes towards Gwen and hugs her.

"Oof!" Gwen wheezed out in surprise.

"I'm so happy that you're okay."

She smiles softly and hugs the bat back.

"Well, I'm still here." she joked.

Rebel looks over Gwen's shoulder and glares at Sonic.

"Look who decided to drop in. Welcome back."

She pulls herself away from Gwen.

"Here to face the music?"

"Depends what kind of music. Am I sensing a negative vibe?" Sonic replied.

"Using us to help you steal the Shard, then deserting us and Gwen as soon as you got what you came for?"

Rebels flies up to Sonic and brings up her fist.

"Yeah, I'd say the vibe is pretty negative. I should let the Chaos Council turn you into a handbag."

"Whoa, there! Sonic didn't leave you guys behind. It was Nine, plus he disappeared into the shard just like I did, remember?" Gwen said, coming in between Rebel and Sonic.

"Uh, I thought you explained everything." Sonic whispered to Knucks.

"I did. She didn't care. She only cares about Gwen's wellbeing."

"The rodent is lying. Let's toast him." Rebel Soldier said, aiming a cannon at Sonic.

"I didn't steal the Shard." Sonic said.

"No, but Nine did, right before he left us high and dry and making me disappear." Gwen gritted her teeth in anger.

Sonic looks surprised.