•••

"so, i felt the need to get you something." he explained, avoiding her gaze. y/n wiped a fake tear from her eyes.

"how thoughtful of you. i never knew you had emotions, emo boy" she sniffed. scaramouche deadpanned at her comment. she asked him to stay for a while, which he agreed to, since he had 'nothing better to do'. y/n led him to her room and joined the other two in their investigation. 

"y/n, do you have summoning powers?" heizou held his chin, squinting at the girl. she closed the door, rolling her eyes. 

"i wish. anyways, this is scaramouche, my friend and classmate." he frowned, hands in his pockets. kazuha and heizou waved at the male, y/n forcing him to wave back. 

"why am i here?" he scoffed, sitting down between y/n and kazuha. she explained to him her relationship with xiao and the drama behind it, along with the information the group has gathered in the past week.

"so, what's your relationship with the ginger male?" kazuha questioned scaramouche.

"oh, that fucker. he's part of the 'harbingers' gang. they're known to blackmail and exploit people. a couple of them attend our school, but some of them were either expelled, dropped out or already graduated. i used to be apart of it, but they used me, and worst of all, that ginger kid and that bitch signora always teamed up on me, threatening me to leave. so i did. it was a shit organisation, and waste of my time anyway." he explained, scowling. y/n opened a pack of chips, offering the boys some.

"do you have any other information on them? any names or things they've done in the past or the roles they had in the group?" heizou grabbed a handful of chips and shoved them in his mouth. scaramouche further explained about the gang, whilst kazuha wrote down the details.

===

— pierro; the jester - the first member

— il dottore; the doctor - collector of information 

— columbina; damselette - n/a 

— pulcinella; the rooster - n/a

— sandrone; marionette - n/a

— la signora; crimson witch of embers - blackmail, manipulator 

— pantalone; regrator - blackmail, collector of information

— tartaglia; childe - fighter 

— il capitano; the captain - n/a

— arlecchino; the knave - n/a

===

"judging by the roles of these people, la signora, pantalone, and tartaglia are most likely the main suspects behind this case." heizou concluded, stretching his arms. 

"if the rumours are true, it's possible that lumine used tartaglia to manipulate xiao through signora and pantalone." kazuha added, holding his chin. 

the four friends continued discussing the possibilities behind this case, and thought up scenarios they could prepare for.

•••

— 8:12pm

"man, i'm tired." kazuha stretched his arms, standing up to prepare dinner.

"wow scara, you probably did more work today than you've done this entire year" y/n joked, following the maple boy.

"shut up." 

 the group finished up their conversation, ate dinner and watched a movie. kuki had left earlier to hang out with itto, seeing that y/n was occupied with important matters, which y/n was grateful for.

y/n thanked her friends, especially heizou, who worked an entire week to gather information to help her. kazuha and heizou left her dorm to go back to theirs, considering it was late and they had school tomorrow. 

"can i stay over? i can't be bothered to go to my dorm" she thought about it first before agreeing, as she wanted to talk more with the boy. he also wanted to know her better, considering she was his only friend. 

•••

— 9:38pm 

she didn't want shinobu to assume anything about her and scaramouche, so he slept on the couch. after cleaning themselves and changing for bed, the pair sat on the couch and talked.

"y/n, don't interact with lumine. you don't know what she could do, especially since she has connections with tartaglia, and the harbingers." he warned her.

"yeah, i know. i just want to avoid her too. and xiao." she replied, yawning. 

"good night, scara" she waved to him, opening her bedroom door.

"night, y/nie" he smiled at her, waving back. she smiled at him, before closing her door and going to sleep. 

•••

hey hey hey >:DD 

long ass chapter today 

sorry for the confusion in this chapter it was kinda rushed :[

omg i'm getting new book ideas from these chapters but i can't even finish this book first lol

thank you for reading <3

have a magnificent day/night :}