65 • so close yet so far

Margaux woke up from the scratching she felt from Cash's cat. Akala niya nasa bahay siya ng mga magulang niya. Waking up to Molly made her miss her family so much more. She sat up and cuddled Molly while petting her.

While doing so, she observed Cash from afar as he slept. Ngayon lang niya nakitang magulo ang buhok nito pero iisa pa rin ang nasa isip niya, "Ang gwapo pa rin ng amo mo."

"Meow," Molly replied, as if talking to her.

She smiled, thinking that the cat agreed with her. Sa pagtulog nito ng mahimbing, tila nagwawala ang loob niya nang ma-realize niyang nasa kwarto siya ng taong matagal niya nang kausap online. Ang taong pinapangarap niyang makasama. Ang taong pinipilit niyang subukang abutin kahit na tinatakbuhan niya rin ito.

Natawa na lang siya sa sarili niya. Napakalabo mo talaga, Margaux. She smiled bitterly at herself. Every time she interacts with Cash, it's like it's possible for her to reach him. But the hope of reaching her dream guy starts crushing down whenever she sees herself in the mirror.

To dismiss her self-degrading thoughts, she jumped out of the bed and started to fix it for Cash. After that, she had the initiative to cook something for him just to say thanks for letting her stay in his place overnight.