"Enid, said you wanted me." I walk up behind him so he turns to look at me,

"Enid said that?" He ask bringing his brows together.

"Yeah, I was with Wednesday and she piped her head into the room saying you wanted me in the quad." I tell him exactly what she told me.

"I haven't spoken to her today." He laughs still confused and I get what she was trying to do.

"I swear... I'm going to do something when she's sleeping." I huff shaking my head.

"If I needed you I would have text or called you." He turns back to his work.

"That's what I said but she said just go to you." I lean against the wall watching him.

"If you knew that why did you still come?" He glances over smiling at me.

"I don't know..." I shrug my shoulders, "I hear a friend needs me so I go."

"Well I don't need you but you're welcome to stay and watch me paint." He smiles and I can't help but smile. I loved his smile with his dimples. Oh my, did I really just say that to myself? "Has Rowen been acting odd lately? I just bumped into him. He seemed in a rush." I ask curious and I notice his body language.

"Umm, yeah. A little. He won't talk to me about it." He makes sure not to look at me so I focus on him. "Please don't ask me anymore. It's hard not to tell you the whole truth. I hate lying to you." I hear him talk to himself.

"You wouldn't lie to me right?" I cross my arms watching him.

"Why would I lie to you?" He awkwardly chuckles.

"I don't know it just seems like you are with your body language and the way you sound." I say so he turns to face me.

"I'm telling you the truth. He wouldn't talk about it to me when I ask what's up. He starts to get annoyed then raises his voice at me." He sighs and I could tell he was telling some of the truth so I just drop it. He goes back to painting and I sit on the ground leaning against the wall watching.

Soon I start to zone out going into my own thoughts. What did I feel for theses stupid boys? Both are great friends and I connect with both but which one do I connect with the most? Xavier and I have things in common but so do Tyler and I in a different way. If or when I ever choose one how will my relationship be with the other? How will I know if I don't try see with each? How? How? How? How? I let out a groan making Xavier ask what's wrong.

"Huh, just thinking."

"About what?" He keeps painting.

"Me, my thoughts." I close my eyes letting out a sigh.

"Tyler probably." I hear his thoughts.

"Will you shut up about Tyler?" I get annoyed.

"What?" He looks at me confused. "It's been months so get used to it. He's my friend whether you like it or not." I get up off the ground.

"Why are you suddenly being up his name?" He looks at me like I was crazy.

"Because you did first. Tyler probably. Yeah you kinda said that out loud." I lie to him.

"I did? I thought I said that in my head." He looked lost.

"Well you didn't." I kinda gaslight him so he doesn't know my new power.

"Valentine, what do you even see in him? Even as just a friend." He turns to face me annoyed.

"I see a lonely person. Someone people don't understand. Being someone who most don't understand as well, I see someone I can talk to. And besides all that, he's a good friend to me. He's only ever been kind to me." I explain to him and he rolls his eyes. "You know, Xavier... You aren't helping yourself in any way acting like this. We butt heads over something stupid so I can't imagine us a serious situation." I eye him walking off done with him.