Chapter 2

Here's the second chapter y'all! Hope you enjoy it. 

Teresa wakes up and sees blurry figures in her vision. Her head is pounding and her leg feels like needles and hammers are being brought down on it. She hears people talking but can't make out any words they are saying. It takes a few minutes before she can register the scene in front of her. She sees Thomas standing close to her talking to a stranger. 

They occur to be in some sort of makeshift med-jack hut that reminds her of the slammer in the Glade. Thinking of the Glade brought her mind back to the boy standing that she used to call her best friend. She had some consciousness before she passed out so she heard what Thomas was saying to her. He said that he forgave her and that he would've made the same decision she had back in the Scorch. 

She focuses more on what the lady is saying and hears that her leg will heal in 6-10 weeks and that she might have a small limp. Teresa doesn't care about how much time it will take to heal, or that she will have a limp, she could've been dead right now under that boulder if Thomas didn't save her. 

She tries to hide her pain when she realized that Thomas noticed she was awake but it hurt too much. Thomas sits down next to her and puts her hand in his. 

" How are you feeling?" Thomas asks.

" My leg hurts a lot." Then adds sarcastically, " But besides that I'm just peachy." Teresa says.

" Well at least you didn't lose your sense of humor." Thomas says while chuckling.

She didn't know how much she missed the sound of his laughing till she heard it. She missed it between the Maze, the Scorch, and just now defeating WICKED. They haven't had much time to just talk or laugh like they used to. 

These past months have just been trying to survive. She now hopes that everyone can just settle and try to make a home in this new place and have a good life. 

Thomas waves his hand in front of her face to get her attention. She snaps out of her thoughts and looks him in the eyes. 

" I'll leave you to whatever you are thinking about and go check on the others," Thomas says.

She watches him as he walks out thinking about how lucky she is to have him. 

Then returns to her thoughts.