Twelve

As the weeks drew on, Y/N was getting more and more depressed. He hated not being able to move. He was always an independant person and needing to depend on Zooey was something he never wanted. He never wanted to be dependant on someone other than himself.

Zooey saw the downward spiral he was experiencing. She knew what he was like. She had also experienced some anger outbursts but she had been used to it from when she worked for Ben.

"What are you doing?" She asked him as he was trying to get his medications from the night stand. She took them from his grasp causing him to scream out.

"Please. Just let me do this." He begged her as she shook her head no. "Please Zooey, I can't live like this. I can't wait for this to kill me in a few months. I don't want to be paralysed for longer than I need to."

"I can't do this Y/N." She whispered as she shook her head. Fighting the tears that threatened to fall. "I can't let you do this."

"Please." He pleaded with her. She would usually cave under his puppy eyes but this time she had to remain strong. "Please just do this for me. You can just leave them here and go and meet someone. Have a day with your parents. Just please." He sighed before he continued. "I'll be gone before you come home." He told her as she shook her head no.

"No." She whispered as she put his medications out of his reach. "I won't let you do this."

"I'm already dead Zooey. I just want to move the process along." He told her. She could already see that he was dead inside. "Please."

She just shook her head and walked out of the room. Ignoring his screams as the tears fell down her cheeks.

She hoped that she could have longer with him. Make things right between them. Maybe have a future that she dreamed of with him. But now it is all just out of reach. Happiness for the two is just out of reach.

Is this what karma is like? Is this what she deserved? Her second chance ripped from her hands before it could even happen. That is what she thought. She deserved to be unhappy, but he didn't deserve this. So this is some fucked up karma.

The two were sat on the porch after coming home from their honeymoon. Zooey cuddled up into Y/N's side. Just enjoying the calm night.

"Is this everything you have ever wanted?" He asked her as she gazed up to find his gaze already on her.

"It is." She whispered as she caressed his cheek. His eyes closed at the feeling. "You?"

"It is and more." He told her. "I knew from the moment we met, I was going to spend the rest of my life with you." She leaned in and captured his lips in hers. They broke the kiss smiling like idiots. Two idiots in love.

The two continued to just sit in the evening air. Enjoying the warmth off each other. They enjoyed the simple things in life. Simple things together.

Zooey sat on the sofa as she looked at the medications. She would be selfish to keep him alive when he clearly doesn't want to be alive any longer. She hated the idea of losing him so soon but she knew she had to do this for him. She couldn't really sit and wait for him to deteriate. She just couldn't.

She stood up and grabbed the pills and walked up to his room. When she entered and she placed the pills on his bed beside him before she went to the bathroom to fill up the cup with water. She placed it on his bedside as he looked at her.

"What are you doing?" He asked her as she sat beside him.

"You don't want to be like this anymore and I don't want to be selfish with you." She spoke shakily. "So if this is what you want, I am not going to leave you. I am not leaving you to die alone."

He smiled as the tears fell from his eyes. Zooey witnessing him cry for the first time ever.

"Thank you." He whispered as he hugged her as close as he could. Zooey started to sob into his chest as he held her. He pressed a kiss to her head before she pulled apart from him. "I am ready for this."

AN

There is only one more chapter left guys. Let me know what you think