Chapter 4- He's Quite Rude

Felix POV:

"Your Majesty, I have heard from our spies that the North is making plans to invade our country because we are not allowing them to take ownership of the dam," Hyunjin informed. "Your father is insisting you allow him or your brother to handle it. He demands a letter from you. What shall I tell him?"

My brother has traveled to the North on a mission to expand our country by defeating them. But, they are still incredibly stubborn about claiming ownership over our dam. They believe having a dam can increase their livestock and get more rich from it.

I stay seated at my desk in silence, staring at the wall for a few minutes before answering, "Tell my father I don't require his or my brother's assistance and I will figure it out with my officials."

"Yes, your majesty," Hyunjin says.

Hyunjin turns to leave, but I call out for him.

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Have you been searching for new recruits and officials as I ordered?"

"Yes, your majesty. In fact, I have found an assistant for the treasury to help with financial calculations."

"Treasury assistant?" I turn to him, skeptical. I have never heard of that before.

"Yes, your majesty. She... She is...Her math is..." Hyunjin stammered.

"Why did you find a need to hire another treasury when I assist Seungmin just fine?" I spat.

"Your majesty, you suggested we do that. You had been incredibly busy with the dam and ordered me to find someone else to assist the treasury. Do you, perhaps, recall that? She also seemed in desperate need of a job," Hyunjin explains.

"I never said that and never would have. But if she is in such a need, then just give her the job," I sigh, waving my hand.

"My apologies, your majesty. I will not make this mistake again," Hyunjin apologized.

"If you repeat this again, you will be the one jobless," I threaten.

Hyunijn apologizes and leaves.

Ever since that flood hit the country, most of the country has moved to the south. I had to build a dam to prevent a flood from taking place again. I thought the people would love me after that and think of me as worthy of being their next king. But it all went down the drain when my father claimed my work. All my father has been doing is taking credit for my work.

I get back to my work, trying to figure out plans on taxes. However, I'm afraid my father will, once again, take ownership of my doing.

"Your majesty, lunch is being served," Hyunjin says.

~~~

DAY 2:

Y/N POV:

Until I wake up from this coma or dream, I need to keep myself occupied. I'm sure this place has a library. Felix did build a library where I live. Surely he must have built one in the palace.

It didn't take me very long to find the library. It's on the 2nd floor and pretty close to my room. I open the door and enter. This place is much more extravagant than I expected, and it could keep me busy reading for years. The place has a rich smell of wood. There is also a faint smell of a candle. Most of the furniture was made of wood and a few of the pieces were made from stone. I can hear quiet classical music playing from a record player.

The Library:

Since this library is filled with books, surely there must be something interesting that will hold my attention

Since this library is filled with books, surely there must be something interesting that will hold my attention. And to my pleasant surprise, I did end up finding something I might enjoy.

"What are you doing here?" I hear a deep voice say, causing me to get startled and jump. Oh, it's just Felix. Wait- It's Felix!

I immediately stand up. "Good evening, your majesty," I greet, looking down. I didn't have the guts to look him in the eye.

"I don't even recognize you from yesterday morning. I see you've gotten more modest. And for your information, it's the afternoon," Felix amuses, chuckling.

He thinks he's so smart and funny. I roll my eyes.

"I won't disturb you. I just need to do some work," Felix says, sitting in front of me.

"There's more seats and desks. You don't need to sit here, your majesty," I grit my teeth, emphasizing the last part.

"I know," he says with no expression. "And I know you hate me for being better than you at math. No need to be so coy, love," he smirks.

"Please don't call me that."

"Call you what, love," he teased. He's trying to tease me and he loves how I hate it.

"That, your majesty," I grit my teeth. I'm trying to be polite.

"This is simply a term that people use to address women. I don't see a problem with it," He shrugs with a smug face.

He wasn't flirting with me... I look down and wince in embarrassment.

Felix notices, snickers, and starts working.

After reading my book, I had nothing to do. That book was also absolute shit. Closing the novel, my boredom filled me with curiosity about Felix's work. I discreetly lean in to see what he's doing. Oh, it's math. How fun.

He glances at me. I slowly look away. Once I notice his gaze is gone, I peek at him again. At this point, I'm trying to tease him.

He notices me, rolls his eyes, and says, "Since you think you're proficient in math, I'll test you."

He gives me a few equations to solve in my head. But somehow, I end up solving them and getting them right. It was mainly just lucky guesses.

"How do you know all this?" he asks.

"Ummm... my brother," I sheepishly smile. There I go again, with the "having a brother" lie.

He frigidly stares at me.

"Your brother... Who is he?" he asks.

"Umm..." I trail, chuckling. "What do you mean?"

"His name. What's his name?"

"Uhh... Han," I mumbled.

I don't even know why I said Han's name. He was the first person I thought of and the only guy I personally know.

"Han?" he asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yes," I quickly blurted. "Your majesty," I add.

"I would like to meet him."

Oh no...

"My brother won't be back in a- another... year. He-He's... on a business trip," I stammer.

"That's unfortunate," he simply says with no expression.

"Yes, it truly is-," I begin.

"It is a shame. But that doesn't matter to me. I want to see him and it's my order. He has no choice but to follow them unless he has a death wish," he says, with the same cold expression in his portrait.

Why is this man so moody?

"Yes, your majesty. I'll bring him to you," I slightly smile. Felix sternly nods, keeping a straight face.

"Very well then. We're low on workers in the math branch. It would be greatly appreciated if you take the job since you believe you are so profficient at math. Talk to Seungmin for more information. Hyunjin will take you to Seungmin," Felix explained.

I nod and take my leave. He has some serious mood swings.

Author's Note:

I wrote this chapter yesterday, but it was absolute crap. I just got the chance to rewrite it again. I'm not too proud of it, but, I promise, I will try my best to make it better. And thank you so much for 60 reads. It means so much to me.

- Kori