Chapter 10: Zee's Fate

Comincia dall'inizio

Zee had been studying his hands on the table, trying to hold himself together. He had been fighting the need to run from the room, and the urge was getting stronger every second.

"I already know why. I found him and lost him in less than twenty-four hours, and my need to be with him overwhelms any rational thought, no other reason," Zee continued to look at his hands, refusing to look up, or he would bolt from the room in need of finding Nu.

Qi patted Zee on the arm, trying to provide some comfort but knowing he offered very little. He sighed, turned to fiddle gently with the lock on each box, and pushed them toward Zee once he had opened them all.

Both Qi and Zee stood. Zee instinctively knew that whatever was about to happen, he needed to meet it on his feet. Not his feet but his knees, when he heard the loud resounding word in his mind, "Kneel." Zee fell to his knees and bent his head in respect, not understanding what was happening to him.

"I, Wang-Xīyáng Qi, envoy for the Emperor of Keāa Kala, bestow the gift of the gods on Zee Pruk Panich, Lifemate of NuNew, Chawarin Perdpiriyawong-Wang, King of Keāa Kala. He is a gift from the gods. The Son of The Fates, grandson to the emperor, brother, friend, and loved by all. Once the first and now the last lost descendant of the royal line found and cultivated to become. Once accepted, there is no other path to follow. The fates will seal your decision today as you have done in the past. Do you agree to tie your life this lifetime to the royal line, the royal descendant, the future emperor of the Keāa Kala, and seal your destiny with him today? Carefully think about your answer, whether it be Yay or Nay. The day has come. Your future is at hand Zee Pruk Panich. What say you?

Zee closed his eyes as Qi's voice boomed in his ears. It was like a thunderclap. The next instant, Zee threw his arms away from his body, his hands out as if lightning had struck him.

Images appeared in his mind, and then he was in a different place. A place of pure light that almost blinded him. Three women stood in front of him and smiled.

He was shocked that he felt he knew them. Then suddenly, he remembered he knew them from dreams he had when he was a child. How could this possibly be real? He must have fallen asleep.

"I know you," Zee said, a shocked look on his face.

Qi knew this conversation. He remembered his first meeting with them fondly, even though he was scared shitless at the time. He sat down in the chair and opened a water bottle to wait for the mothers to talk to their new son.

Each new daughter or son the fates received, the brighter they seemed to glow when they saw them. They were proud and happy with the family that Zeus had bestowed upon them.

He remembered how special he felt when he met them and the wonder of it all. He hoped that Zee would take advantage of his time with them.

While it was only minutes in the real world, the other mothers manipulated time so that each minute was a year spent with their new child. Depending on the lifemate, the average time is three minutes, but the royals all had a bet that they would keep Zee with them longer. Each chose a time and hoped to be the grand prize winner. If no one won, they agreed to donate the money to charity.

With Nu being who he is, they were sure he would get special instruction from the other mothers. Even the siblings were in awe of all their brother was. It was hard not to want to love and care for his every need.

Woe to the person who hurts their brother. The siblings, lifemates, every parent, grandparent, and Keaakalan would hunt down such a person, and it would be a fate worse than death. Qi visibly shuddered at the thought.