17

There was nothing and no one that Beomgyu loved more than his father. Although he was always quiet busy with work he had still managed to spend time with Beomgyu. He really wasn't sure what he was going to do when his father had to leave the earth.

He spent the entire night with his dad, watching his baby videos and old movies together till they fell asleep on the couch.

The next morning Beomgyu had to go pick Kai up from Yeonjun's so he gets up from the couch, covering his dad with a blanket before putting on a zip up and leaving. He finally makes it to the house, calling Kai and letting him know that he's outside.

It hurt his heart just a little to see how happy Kai looked saying goodbye to everyone and hugging them. They must have had fun, clearly. Beomgyu smiles anyway, not wanting to ruin Kai's mood. "Hey B." he smiles as he gets in the car "Did you have fun?" Beomgyu asks as he starts up the car. "It was a blast but I wish you where there." he says making him smile "I'm glad I wasn't." Beomgyu sighs.

"You're gonna tell me what yesterday was all about when we're home." Kai insists.

--

"Talk to me."

Beomgyu puts his keys down on the desk before sitting on his bed, turning on his phone "Are you not gonna tell me what happened?" Beomgyu was shocked when the notification that Taehyun had texted him popped up. "Hello? Earth to Beomgyu?" Kai says, waving his hand infront of Beomgyu's face. "He texted." Beomgyu says quietly "What do I do? Should I respond?" he panics "Okay, hold on." Kai says, getting on the bed next to him, taking his phone out of his hand as he begins to read the texts out loud "Okay, I'm sorry about yesterday, how can I make it up to you?" Kai looks at him in shock "What should I say?"

"Well, I say you should play hard to get." That didn't seem like quiet a bad idea. "Okay, give me the phone." Kai hands him back the phone as Beomgyu begins to type out an answer.

so I'm supposed to tell you how you should make it up to me? text me back when you figure it out.

He shows Kai the text and he immediately aproves so he sends it. "Okay, now you have to tell me what happened." Beomgyu sighs "Like i said yesterday, he tried to hold my hand and I backed up because I was overwhelmed but he didn't take it well." he says.

"What a dick." Kai rolls his eyes "You probably hurt his fragile little stupid ego and that's why he got all mad. I've been through those type of guys B."

"Well maybe he just took it the wrong way, I mean I stepped back like he was some sort of virus so I don't blame him for being mad." To his surprise Kai softly slaps him "UHM OUCH." Beomgyu says holding his cheek. "You need to stop defending him over something that's clearly his fault. You need to snap out of it and start treating him how he treats you. You're not just some eyecandy for him, you need to toughen up and start playing hard to get." In the back of his mind, Beomgyu knew Kai was right but he wanted to believe that Taehyun actually wanted him.

"He texted back!" Kai says, picking up the phone and reading the text "Are you free tonight?" Beomgyu bit his cheek, trying to hide his smile as he takes the phone back "I guess so."

"Let me take you out Beomgyu."

"HOLY SHIT." Beomgyu squeels "What? What did he say?" Beomgyu gets up, jumping on the bed "He wants to take me out." he excitedly says. "Okay, okay sit down." Kai smiles, seeing how quickly Beomgyu's mood changed. "Remember, play hard to get." he says with a straight face, cupping Beomgyu's cheeks. Beomgyu nods, tightly hugging his bestfriend in excitment.

"NOW LET'S GET YOU READY!" Kai says, breaking his serious mode, making Beomgyu even more excited.

--

Booming music, clothes and make up everywhere, giggling and compliments. Kai spent hours making sure Beomgyu would look and feel irresistible, which to be fair he already was no matter what state he was in. Taehyun had texted him that he was on his way which got him a lot more nervous than excited.

"If he doesn't want you, I'll take you." Kai says once Beomgyu was all ready.

(outfit refrence!)

(outfit refrence!)

"I feel under dressed." Beomgyu says, looking at himself in the mirror with Kai standing behind him "Do you feel comfortable?" he asks and Beomgyu nods "Well then that's what's important. Plus, the effortless look will make you look more attractive."

Beomgyu sighs, turning around to hug his bestfriend "What would I do without you." he smiles "You owe me one." Kai says as they both giggle. Finally, Taehyun calls him, telling him he's outside. "Holy shit, he's outside. How do I look?" Beomgyu panics. "You look perfect, now go have fun." Kai comforts.

Beomgyu gives him a smile before opening the door to leave "Beomgyu wait." Kai says, rushing into Beomgyu's room and coming back out with his own perfume, spraying it all over Beomgyu and making sure that he got every inch. "This stuff will get him hooked." he says "Thanks." Beomgyu smiles, getting ready to leave but being stopped again "Remember what we agreed on?" Kai asks "Yes huening, hard to get." Beomgyu says "Can I go now mom?" Kai smiles "Go ahead. Have fun but not too much fun."

--

Hard to get. Shouldn't be too hard right?

Beomgyu gets in the car, curious as to where Taehyun was taking him. "Hey." Taehyun says after scanning him from head to toe. After a short pause Beomgyu responds back with 'Hi.' while looking out the window, careful not to seem desperate.

As Taehyun starts driving to the location, he couldn't help but notice the wierd atmosphere. Beomgyu would usually start their conversations but he didn't say anything this time. He didn't like it but at the same time kind of did "You can't be mad at me all day." he smirks. Beomgyu glances at him, then back out the window "Who's stopping me?"

"Okay so that's how it's gonna be?" Taehyun chuckles "The only reason I even said yes to this is because I wanted to give you a chance to redeem yourself, otherwise I wouldn't have lifted a finger." Beomgyu says, trying to hide his smile since he was proud of how confidently the sentence came off.

"Trust me I will."

---
Gonna do my best to stay consistent
for you guys!

---Gonna do my best to stay consistentfor you guys!

tbc.