Chapter 4: A slap and an egg

We loved playing with the ball in our houses yard, "middle-ball" was our favorite game and nothing could change our mind. Every day after lunch, after finishing our homework, we gather there and form a circle and one of us stands in its middle with the mission of catching the flying ball before it reaches the other players.

The game kinda required high jumps from players, Layami started playing with us when she was two.

-Layami: Give me the ball!!

-Fuyumi: Then try to take it! (throwing it to Natsuo)

It was now Layamis turn to be the mid-player, we follow the games rules no matter how young the player is.

-Natsuo: Got it!! (throwing) Shoto take the ball!!

He was o slow to catch it and the ball was going to fall, luckily Toya got it at the last second.

-Natsuo: Shoto!! Be cautious!!

-Layami: Toya give me the ball

-Toya: You should try to take it yourself Layami, (throwing it) Natsuo!

-Natsuo: The ball is received successfully brother, now to Fuyumi!

-Shoto: Me! Me!

-Natsuo: Umm Ok.

Shoto lost it again Fuyumi caught it.

-Fuyumi: Whats wrong with you Layami! Make more effort!

-Shoto (yelling): This isnt fair!!

-Natsuo: Oh it is!

Oups I ruined it.

Shotos eyes welled up with tears, he opened his mouth widely and started crying.

-Natsuo: Fine! Fuyumi give it to him!!

Once that happened Shoto smiled cheerfully as if nothing happened, he then miraculously threw the ball correctly to Toya, but Layami, who was running after the ball, stepped on a stone and fell.

-Toya: Oh no

-Fuyumi: She will

-Natsuo: Cry!!!

She got awkwardly on her feet then looked at her hands covered with dust, we saw her eyes getting slowly filled with tears and knew that we must react before its too late.

But it was already late

-Layami (yelling): Mommy!!!!

-Toya: Dont cry!! I Ill be the mid-player ok??

-Layami: I dont wanna play!! I want mommy!

We all rushed to her trying our best to shut her up before mom hears her screaming, Shoto kept staring at us with a blank face the whole while, but then he inhaled all the oxygen in the air to let out the loudest scream ever.

-Fuyumi: Great! Now both of them are crying.

-Natsuo: Mom will never allow us to play again after this!

-Toya: I have an idea Lets use our quirks!

Fuyumi and I used our ice to create a couple of flowers of snow that were floating freely in the air and falling slowly towards the floor, Toya used his fire too but as a big blue flame that attracted Layami and Shotos attention right away.

-Toya: Good kids Its beautiful, isnt it?

-Layami: Wow

-Shoto: Can I touch it?