𝟎𝟏𝟗. heartbeats

.•* ACT NINETEEN*•.
HEARTBEATS

𖤓 ━━━━ ✧ ━━━━ 𖤓

𖤓 ━━━━ ✧ ━━━━ 𖤓

A few hours had passed and Ayaka still hadn't found the two children. She was soaked from head to toe and she didn't care because if she, a fourteen year old, is doing so badly, how are two six year olds supposed to be doing?

"Hana, Chibiusa?" The pink-haired, looks at one of the playgrounds, she had already seen several playgrounds and the two weren't on either. Why should it be like this now? Just as she turned to continue searching, she heard a sob from behind a bush.

"Hana, Chibiusa?" She looks behind the bush and discovered the pink-haired and the black-haired. "Ayaka, w-what are you doing here?" The ruby-eyed woman trembled and sobbed. "It's okay, Sailor Moon didn't mean it!" She said and hugged the two of them. "We'd better-" Before the ice-blue-eyed ones could continue, Mamoru interrupted, "Ayaka, it's freezing cold, take these." The black-haired man took off his coat and grabbed the petite woman who was carrying Chibiusa in her arms, and she was holding her tightly.

Mamoru, lifted Hana, who was snuggled against his warm chest. "My apartment is nearby, you can wash yourself there, it would take too long to get home. You can catch a cold there."

「✦ ━ ⋆ ━ ✦」

The two children sat, showered, on the chairs in front of the big table and drank cocoa. A fourth was already on the table, intended for the pink-haired woman who was still changing in the black-haired man's room. Since her clothes were wet, she had to borrow something from Mamoru, which she is beyond embarrassed about. So that's why she came out of the older man's bedroom with red cheeks.

She was wearing a shirt that was much too large, reaching just to her knees. She cleared her throat, quickly sat down next to the black-haired girl and took the warm cup in her hand. "Mamoru, you really don't mind that I'm staying here?" She asked the elder for the sixth time, but he shook his head.

"No, I really don't mind. I can't let you out with wet clothes in this weather." She sighed softly and looked down at the two children who hadn't spoken since they got to the man's apartment.

"Hana, Chibiusa, Sailor Moon didn't mean it that way," the blue-eyed girl said, trying to comfort the two children.

"But it sounded like it!" Said the ruby-eyed girl sadly and didn't look up. Again Ayaka sighed as she tried again, "Sailor Moon was just angry about losing her friend, you should know that Sailor Moon and Mars are very good friends and when you're angry you say things you don't mean ." Hana raised her head as she asked quietly, "You mean it?"

Smiling, at the fact that it worked, the pink-haired woman nodded before adding, "Don't worry, Sailor Moon will come to both of you and apologize for what she said to you." A smile played on the two children's lips, when they then looked at the blue-eyed woman.

"Well it's already very late, you should go to sleep!" Mamoru said and the two children looked at the man sadly. "Can we watch something, please! Please!" The two children begged the black-haired one and looked at her with a sweet expression on his face, so that the man could only sigh and say yes.

This made the pink-haired girl giggle and draw the man's attention. "How do you always do that?" he asked when she stopped giggling. "How do I always what?" she asked, taking a sip of the cocoa. "How you do to cheer people up so that they look like as if nothing had ever happened."

Ayaka shrugged and replied, "I don't know."

"Come on, you two! We found a movie!" With that, the two got up and went into the living room, where the two children have already made themselves comfortable.

"They fell asleep!" The pink haired woman whispered when she realized Hana and Chibiusa had fallen asleep. The black haired man nodded and carried the pink haired girl to his room followed by Ayaka carrying Hana. The two put the children to bed, and then closed the door once they were back in the hallway.

The two went back into the living room and cleaned up. After they were finally done, the blue-eyed one sat down on the sofa with a sigh. "Are you okay?" the black-haired man asked, looking at her worriedly. Slowly, she nodded and parted her lips to speak, "Well, you know Sailor Mars was kidnapped."

"I had visions of her kidnapping-"

"It wasn't your fault!" he cut her off, knowing she would blame herself. "Why are you so sure?" she asked, looking at him, he didn't answer, placing a hand on her cheek.

This made her heart beat twice as fast and her cheeks flushed as she held the intense eye contact with the man. The two grew closer and finally their lips touched. With his body, he pushed Ayaka down on the couch.

Breathing heavily, they parted, and flushed and one hand over her mouth, she faced the man above her said Ayaka. "Mamoru, we shouldn't have done that!" She realizing she had kissed her best friend and cousin's boyfriend. Even though the two were once married, he was no longer with her. "Why?" he asked, leaning forward a little.

"Y-you... you're dating Usagi!" she explained, still breathing heavily. "Me and Usagi aren't dating anymore. Did you really think that even though I have so many feelings for you, I would cheat on Usagi?"

"I'm sorry!" She said and looked at him apologetically. He looked away and was about to get up from her, but she held him by wrapping her arms around his neck. "Let me make up for this mistake!" She said and pushed the man down to her. And so their lips touched for the second time.

ⓉⒽⒶⓃⓀⓈ ⒻⓄⓇ ⓇⒺⒶⒹⒾⓃⒼ
~Story from a friend~