Chapter One

Ever since Dysan was a little boy, he had never stepped foot outside of the village. Whenever he went out to play with his friends, his uncle always warned him to never go beyond the village gates. Always saying that there were child eating monsters out there, taking them away when they went outside of the gates without an adult. It was a classic tale to keep children scared of the outside and to make sure they played in the village. Dysan, however, knew there were no such thing as child eating monsters or a curse that would turn you into a rat as soon as u left to play. And that's why he dreamed of becoming an adventurer so he could leave the village and travel around the world. 

So, one day, on Dysan's 16th birthday, he woke up early and ran downstairs happily to announce his dreams to his uncle. "I finally turned 16!" Dysan said as he ran down the staircase. "Happy Birthday my one and only nephew!" Will greeted him as he set the table for the birthday breakfast feast. "So, what's your wish?" he asked Dysan. 

Dysan thought to himself for a few seconds before he answered his uncle. "I was thinking that I can finally start pursuing for my dream of becoming an adventurer!" Upon hearing what he said, Will slammed down his hand on the table. "No. You are not allowed to become an adventurer!" Will said angrily. "It's one of the most dangerous jobs you could have picked from. Just work in the coal mines with me and everyone from the village. It's a stable job and you get your pay daily. There's no point of becoming an adventurer. I won't let you risk your life for that foolish dream of yours." 

"B-But uncle.... It's my dream to travel to places outside of this village. I promise I will take good care of myself. I will always stay in contact with you. Please... Let me fulfill my wish..." Dysan pleaded to his uncle. "No" Will said firmly. "Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee." "No is a no Dysan. Now go finish your breakfast. I need to get ready for work." Will stood up from the table and walked to his room. 

'I should try asking uncle again tomorrow.' Dysan said to himself but no matter how hard he tried to persuade his uncle, he got the same response back.