Fallen Promises (Demon/Angel Au) Pt. 3

A/N: Bam! Part 3 or as in chapter 3. You can tell I enjoy writing this story. It's fun to plan and write this out. I have chapter 4 already written.  So, that'll probably be out by tomorrow. Now, it's time to introduce new characters. Lumity is a background relationship here and is mentioned. 

****

"Sweet potato!"
"Luz!" 

Luz lifted her girlfriend into the air. The two were smiling brightly. Luz then pulled away after they hugged. "Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be in Heaven?" The purple-haired girl looks away, letting her lavender wings fall. "I am, but I heard some racket that demons were being slaughtered. However, since the people don't believe in demons..."

"They think there's a mass murderer," Luz finishes. Amity rubbed her arm. "I was afraid that if demons were slaughtering each other, they could end up hurting bystanders. I wanted to make sure you're safe," she admits. Luz gives her a soft smile. Pressing a kiss to her hand, "Thank you, mi hermosa." Amity leans into her space.

"If you see something out of the ordinary, please promise me you'll stay clear of it," Amity asks. Luz gives her a nod. "Of course, my love." The small blush on Amity's cheeks made Luz smile. Meeting Luz was one of the best decisions she's ever made. She leans against Luz's bedpost while Luz goes to grab something.

"Here are all the news articles about recent attacks," Luz placed them in front of her. Amity looked at them. "Doesn't your mom think it's strange you owe these?" Luz laughs. "I don't think she minds. This whole angel business doesn't bother her. She's gotten used to Vee, and she's a shapeshifter."

Amity nods. "That's good..." Luz noticed how Amity's voice goes soft. She placed her hand on Amity's shoulder. "Sweet Potato, Vee forgives you. It's been two years." Amity sighs, "I almost killed her."

"But you didn't. Plus, she forgives you." Amity grips one of the papers in her hands.

"I'm glad she forgives me..." She picks up one of the newspapers. "Did you find anything strange about their deaths?" The 19-year-old shakes her head. She didn't want to point out that she knew Amity was changing the subject. Luz then places the paper forward. "I picked up the paper from college today. The current information released to the public has some gruesome pictures of the stab wounds."

Amity takes the paper. She looked at it. "It's too blurry." She could barely make out the markings. "Here, there are some images online." She pulls up a website on her phone before giving it to the angel. Amity zoomed in and then realized what the markings were.

"Angel blades. These demons were killed by an angel."

"Angel blades?"

Amity notices the confusion. She then reaches into her pocket to pull out a blade. "This is an angel blade." She places it in Luz's hands. "They're capable of killing angels, but they can be used to kill demons." Luz was fascinated by the weapon.

"Wowza," she says. Amity shakes away her smile. "It means an angel or angels are responsible for this."

"Why are they slaughtering demons? I know they're bad, but this seems too much." Amity places down the phone and looked through the victims. If this angel is targeting demons, she looked slightly panicked. "Amity–"

"He's not here." She sighs in relief. Luz was careful with the next words she was going to use. "You haven't found him." Amity slumps against the bed. "Mom...she refuses to speak about him. Dad doesn't even acknowledge me. Em was only a little fledgling when he was tossed out." She pulls her knees to her chest.

"No one knows what he looks like. All I have to go by is he's like Em. Em mentioned that he wasn't an angel and that he was tossed out for being a demon." Her wings puff up as she tries not to seem sad. Luz leans against her. Wrapping her arm around her to pull her close.