Innocence

Story continuous from

"How you met anvitha di? Her husband? Dont you hate them?" Khushi questioned him. Arnav chuckled painfully.

"I do hate them a lot, for god sake i was 14 that time. I thought anvitha di and her mother are reason behind anjali di's broken marriage. Because of them we became orphans." He replied making khushi eyes widen.

"Then .." She was cutoff by arnav finger on her lips.

"Shh.. Let me complete. After a few days of shifting to delhi, anjalidi slowly recovered with the help of mami-nani. I felt soo lonely. Though my parents didnt cared about me still they were my parents. I starting spending my time alone in this same garden. This was built by nana as a gift to my mother. Only i know about this garden other than rathna malik. That time this place always gave me painful memories."

 "One day, i received a call from my father friend/lawyer. He told about my father's Will. I was shocked to core, he betrayed us in worst way possible. I was so angry on anvitha di, what does she have that anjalidi and me are lacking. I despised her without even seeing her once. I asked uncle get anvitha di address, i want to see her. I want to confront her about all this, i want to confront her mother." 

"In the name of school trip i went to meet anvitha di. I reached to the address given by uncle, which is orphanage. I was confused, end of the day she is heir of malik and she has mother alive then why she is staying in orphanage?"

Flashback and Arnav's POV:- 

I have entered into old building only to witness a girl with similar age to anjali di distributing sweets to everyone. She is smiling to everyone, she came near me and asked my name. I took time to study her face. She has cute chocolate brown eyes just like me, long hair, button nose. Her smile is contagious, she is looking so innocent

"Hello" She spoke getting me back to present. 

"Hello, i am anvitha. Take this sweet" She told again but i am in no state to respond. She took one sweet and brought it near to my lips. I ate it in trance. She ruffled my hair and went back leaving me to ponder on my thoughts. 

She walked to backside of building, i followed her. There she was standing with a man, he is tall and handsome. I hid behind wall hearing their conversation.

"Rahulji, You told you will search a job for me? Any luck?" Anvitha asked man who is rahul.

"Job? But why? She have mother to take care of her right? Why she needs to do job?" I thought.

"Anu, You know it is tough to get a job in this small town. Why cant you shift to delhi. I am working there in a company, i spoke with them and they are ready to offer a job for you as well" Rahul told.

"But? How can i come to delhi? I am afraid. My mother wont let me go away" Anu told biting her nails in tension.

"Anu, how many times i have to tell you. She doesnt deserve to be called as mother. Stop thinking about her. She is using you for her own benefits. Stop being selfless, this world will take advantage of it." Rahul told all of a sudden becoming angry.

"Why is he shouting on her? Why he is angry on aarthi? Who is he? But he is right selflessness is not good" So many questions raised in my mind.

"But what will happen if my mother comes to know this rahulji, you know recently only my father left this world. She is all i have. I am sorry" Anu told wiping her tears.

"Anu answer me honestly. Why are you staying in this orphanage from the age of 5 when you have both parents?" Rahul questioned her.

"What? She is staying in orphanage? Why?" I was shocked.